• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello!

2Cavies&aSnake

Animal lover
Hi everyone! My family has had our cornsnake Hermione for about 8 years she (we don't actually know her sex but my brother named her that when he was 5) was a hatchling when we got her from a pet store for my brothers birthday and he was supposed to be the main caretaker once he was old enough but my parents have been caring for her the entire time. He became indifferent towards her for awhile and last month I decided that I would take care of her from now on. So she has become my pet and I have started doing research on how to better her quality of life. That is how I ended up here. I'm looking forward to learning!

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I have relatives in Bel Air. Small world.

Perhaps if you'll tell us what you're doing now, people can offer suggestions.

I noticed in your other thread that your snake has become somewhat aggressive. There is some reason for that and the trick is to find the reason. Has there been any change to her environment? How are the temps? How's her weight? Is she going into shed?

Best wishes. Hope we can get things sorted out for you.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Noticing your "Name"...do you have guinea pigs? They are the most adorable of all the rodents. (IMHO) I'll look for your other thread, as well, but DollysMom is wonderful at helping to sort things out!

Small world indeed Dollysmom. Nothing has changed. I think she had just shed the first time she tried to bite my dad. I'm not 100% sure though because I hadn't taken responsibility for her yet and my brother wouldn't know because he doesn't pay attention. She has a under tank heating pad, a water bowl, climbing tree, and multiple hides. We use aspen shavings for bedding. I'm not sure how long she is or how much she weighs because I haven't been able to handle her yet. Is there a chance that she might have become unsocialized? My brother hasn't handled her for years but my dad did whenever it was her feeding time. My parents have always fed her in a ventilated storage bin instead of her tank. Is that typical practice? I would try to look it up but I don't know any reputable sites so I thought I should ask someone with experience. Thank you for your help. Yes, DLena, I have 2 guinea pigs (Lady Wynnifred and Prince Humperdink). Are you a Browncoat? I noticed the line under your username.

Back