CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Anolis getting ready for bed

Old 02-23-2018, 01:59 AM   #1
Rich Z
Anolis getting ready for bed

Connie noticed a seed pod remaining from one of the white lilies that we have down near the entrance of our drive way and actually grabbed it (she wanted to disperse the seeds) before noticing that there was a little anole inside, apparently getting ready to bed down for the night. This is likely an excellent place for him, since it is at the end of a long thin stalk, so he probably feels safe from predators there. He just tucks down into one of the sections and feels just as snug as a bug in a rug. So I HAD to go get the camera, hoping he would still be there after being disturbed by us. Luckily, he must have felt that this was way too nice of a sleeping spot to give up on easily just from being disturbed by the thoughtless humans.

These pics were taken with my new Nikon D850 camera with the Nikkor 105mm Micro lens and bracket side mounted flashes.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
Twolunger
Your pictures are awesome. Maybe you should think about having them printed and exhibited somewhere. I always had anoles as a kid, except back then the green anoles were called chameleons in the pet shops. I planted Crown of Thorns all around my yard to provide protection for the anoles. Of course, that doesn't stop the black racers from slithering through them. Hopefully it will slow them down.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #3
Nanci
OMG that's adorable!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google