CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Carol's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Carol's Corner Just a place to park this year's breeding plans and progress, come take a look and see what I have cooking!

Mama's Boy X Snow test results.....

Old 05-24-2005, 11:11 PM   #11
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Thanks!
I will be selling some of the possible hets. Right now a lot of them are spoken for and at this time I only have spare males that are 66% chance het. I do have one more clutch to hatch though. No one is really in line for this particular clutch of 14, they are only 50% chance het for this other Anery, and definate het for Anery A.... so they may be frustrating to work with to say the least.
Yeah, I hear that! When I was first doing the Lava line before anyone really knew what they were, I bred my Lava Male to a anery het hypo female. I didn't know at the time she was het hypo, but a year later I bred a ghost to her and out popped ghosts. So, I had a bunch of DH ice with the possibility of the other hypo in there too!

As far as the pos hets. Are the 66% pos het anery C males have any chance of the other anerys? If not, maybe a pairing with some of the females from the snow clutch. At least that way the anery A gene is less likely in future breedings. Also, are the pos hets just normals or the amels?

I'm interested so let me know. Either post here or e-mail me: jeff@mohrsnakes.com

Old 05-24-2005, 11:29 PM   #12
carol
I hope I don't confuse things but here goes...

The 66% chance het "weird anery" males have no other anery genes in there that I know of. They are 50% chance het Amel.

The 50% chance het "weird anery", 100% het Anery A, clutch consists of 9 Amels and 5 Normals. I don't know what my sex ratio is yet.

I pretty much have my lists filled so any extra females to come out of the next clutch (66%) should be available, except the Anerys of course. However, they were just laid on 5/2 so they have a good month and a half to go.

Old 05-26-2005, 06:52 PM   #13
El Jefe
Great...
I do want some males and...I would rather not mess with anery A in the mix, but if the price is right I might pick up some females. By the way, are the 'normals' the miami looking animals? Or plain jane normals?
Cheers,
-Jeff

Old 05-26-2005, 09:29 PM   #14
carol
I was mistaken, I checked my records and pulled out some snakes, I only have one extra male, sorry! As for being a Miami, all of the Miami looking ones are already reserved, but I have yet to get anything plain jane out of this line. Not all of them get the Miami colors, but they all do end up very red, and very metallic looking as they get older. Here is a pic of the last 66% chance het male, and I guess you could say the most "normal" looking out of the group, but give him a year and he'll be a beauty.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:49 PM   #15
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
I was mistaken, I checked my records and pulled out some snakes, I only have one extra male, sorry! As for being a Miami, all of the Miami looking ones are already reserved, but I have yet to get anything plain jane out of this line. Not all of them get the Miami colors, but they all do end up very red, and very metallic looking as they get older. Here is a pic of the last 66% chance het male, and I guess you could say the most "normal" looking out of the group, but give him a year and he'll be a beauty.

I can wait for the next clutch. Is that clutch a different pairing or second clutch? Also, we need to talk prices....

Unless you are giving them away free.....

-Jeff
jeff@mohrsnakes.com

Old 05-26-2005, 10:48 PM   #16
Gronk
Quote:
Here is a pic of the last 66% chance het male, and I guess you could say the most "normal" looking out of the group, but give him a year and he'll be a beauty.

Carol...

Normal ?? He's a beauty ! Everyone should be as lucky to get "normal" looking hatchlings

Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google