CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

palpating to sex adult snakes

Old 09-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #11
ashleynicole
So I suppose you could surmise thay all of these methods are useful in determining the sex of a snake. Seems to be recognized that pribing is the most accurate unless they've been "proven" which is definitive.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #12
ashleynicole
Oh my typos.. *that and *probing

Old 09-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #13
MysticExotics
For me, the two methods useful for sexing are popping (hatchlings) and probing (adults).
I think visually tail sexing (on adults/young adults) would be more useful than physically palpating (specifically in Cornsnakes). There are some here who are very good at it. Once you recognize the differences, you can sex that way as well, but not always. There are snakes that can fool you on that one too.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #14
daddio207
Prior to probing sub-adult and adults I always give them a "soft pop" first to see if there are sperm plugs present. It eliminates the need to probe on occasion.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #15
michael1990
Hey im new on here and was wondering if any one could help me sex my "female" by pic if I upload one?

Old 09-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #16
ashleynicole
The best thing to do is to start a new thread of your own if you have a question

Old 09-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #17
michael1990
Thanks ashleynicolr

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google