CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

My new puppy

Old 08-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
hypnoctopus
My new puppy

A few weeks ago, my young and healthy dog, Bear, died extremely unexpectedly and suddenly. He had just turned three years old and had never had any health problems. I have no clue what happened and the vet didn't either. He had been the vet plenty of times in his life for checkups and there was never anything wrong with him. I was (and still am) very devastated by his loss, but I could not be dogless for very long.

Meet Jubilee! She's a French bulldog puppy. She's the most mellow and relaxed puppy I've ever met. Bear had a lot of fear issues, which we were always trying to work on, but this time I wanted to make sure I got a dog that wouldn't have those problems. We are doing a ton of socialization with the new puppy. So far her only issue is that she's extremely gassy!

Old 08-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
DollysMom
First, I'm so sorry for your loss.

This little girl is adorable. Congrats! Here's to a long and happy life together

Old 08-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
Zombiegirl
How devastating, I am so sorry for your loss Sudden loss like that is so traumatic.

Congrats on Jubilee!!!! I LOVE frenchies lol...they are adorable. If I were to own a small dog, this would be it Also...bullies = extremely gassy >.< My pitbull was SO gassy as a puppy we joked that he was rotting from the inside out....he could clear a room!

Old 08-27-2016, 02:28 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
I've heard that the flat-faced breeds are usually pretty gassy from gulping air when they eat, but my last dog was a pug and my mom has two pugs and none of them are gassy. I'm planning on trying different foods for her eventually and see if that makes any difference.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
Zombiegirl
Oh my, how do you *not* have gassy pugs lol? All the pugs I've worked with have been so gassy. My pitbull grew out of it thankfully...he still gets gassy but he's no longer so horrible that I have to leave the room lol...a food change might help though

Old 08-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #6
axis1
Hi there Olivia! How ya been?

So sorry for your loss. Jubilee certainly IS a cute little pup! Regardless of how stinky his farts are!! (Just comes with the territory! I had a pooch who used to make the wallpaper peel! And our two current kittens, after a visit to the litterbox, could strip the enamel off of a footlocker!)

I had a similar situation when me and my wife lost both of our 18 year-old (nearly 19!) cats within 4 months of each other! (RIP Romeo & GiGi). We were devastated! The day after Romeo passed, we learned that three adorable kittens were rescued during a particularly cold spell this past winter in the South Bronx, of all places, and we were able to take two of them into our home. While no pets are alike and none could EVER actually replace one or the other, Guido & Nubia did provide a very welcome distraction! We continue to mourn and grieve for our beloved kitties, but it helps a great deal to take care of two little ones who actually needed someone just at that time!

Here goes a shot of them:

Old 08-29-2016, 06:16 AM   #7
Nanci
OMG adorable!!!!! I love French Bulldogs. Used to show them, and worked on a little Frenchie magazine. There's a rescue in TX that seems to get a lot of Frenchies and Dogues de Bordeaux. Lone Star Dog Ranch.

I feed my two dogs a raw diet- a DDB and an Am Staff/Whippet/English Bulldog mix. They hardly ever fart. My foster is an Am Staff, and he's on grain free, a fish formula. He has the WORST farts ever. His nickname is Frankenfarter.

I also used to show pugs in obedience and breed. I love pugs.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #8
Joba
Adorable, Olivia!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google