CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Is it true?

Old 07-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
dave partington
I was recently contemplating why the paradox/chimera Gummi Bears are my favorite. Probably because they're rare, though not necessarily attractive. Nor particularly tasty.
Cakes and Corn Snakes, so many flavors. Something for everyone.

You can't have them all.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:35 AM   #12
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
Cakes and Corn Snakes, so many flavors. Something for everyone.

You can't have them all.
It's kinda sad. I want them all! But I'm trying to decide on my favorite from each major "color" to basically have a nice range in a smaller number of snakes. None of my friends or family will know what they're missing out on, and I will have to settle for drooling over all of yours. This is PARTLY why I'm wondering about color changes. If I can only have one "red" or "yellow" snake, I want to pick one that's going to stay essentially that color.

I also find genetics interesting, although I have no intention of breeding now or in future. (which almost seems to make me the odd man out???) Because of my background in animal rescue (dogs and cats mostly) and have had to see how many animals are born only to be mistreated, abused, and eventually usually put down, I have strong feelings about who - and why - should and should not be breeding any animals. I will reserve comment here, for now, because I am new to "this town" and know so little about the reptile world in general... but I imagine it is not so different.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:48 AM   #13
albertagirl
By the way Smigon, I love that you have a corn named Lessthanthree. I laugh every time I see that! It's great!

Old 07-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #14
Susan
IMO, the gene that shows the most color change in just about every morph combination throughout the snake's lifetime has to be anery. And the variation that can be seen is just you "simple" anery corn alone is amazing. That has to be why it's my favorite gene. While a snake that stays one color throughout it's life is nice, seeing one that changes into a new, just as beautiful color, several times, is even better..IMO.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #15
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
IMO, the gene that shows the most color change in just about every morph combination throughout the snake's lifetime has to be anery. And the variation that can be seen is just you "simple" anery corn alone is amazing. That has to be why it's my favorite gene. While a snake that stays one color throughout it's life is nice, seeing one that changes into a new, just as beautiful color, several times, is even better..IMO.
Interesting! I just thought they were all different colors from each other, didn't realize that they also changed as they aged. So I wonder then if my ultramel anery will display this? That would be exciting!

Old 07-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #16
Shiari
You'll have fun with the ultramel anery. They get this crazy wash of yellow over their necks and heads as they mature.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google