CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

For those of you with snow/blizzards...

Old 07-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #11
honey.bee
I really just want to know the signs because I don't want to handle her while she's going through a shed. Thanks for all the advice. I think she's still getting used to me so her jumpy reactions when I touch her seem to be just for that reason. Time will tell! I'll try the picture with the flash thing when I get a chance.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #12
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saji View Post
Does she/he have problematic sheds? If not why do you care?

Saji
Obviously you have never had to deal with regurgitations, which are more common if a snake is fed during a shed cycle.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:51 AM   #13
honey.bee
Okay so I guess I was right to suspect her shedding soon... because she did! Her eyes were so much more clear than when I first posted this topic. She was hiding out for a long time not going out of her hide much (I've actually been down with a stomach bug the past 5 days or so. I really didn't think much of it.) I was feeling better one evening and it was her feeding day. I noticed her tummy scales looked a little weird like there was tape or something on the end of them. I really had no idea. Also I couldn't find any poop. So I fed her. Put her back. I guess that woke her up because soon enough I was hearing this faint tearing sound and she was shedding right in front of me!

Now I KNOW what to look for. No poop, scales looking waxy on the ends maybe, then her eyes get slightly dull-looking. I won't have to feed her unknowingly again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google