CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Corn Snake Morphs Book

Old 07-19-2014, 04:04 AM   #1
fdi150
Corn Snake Morphs Book

John Berry was at one time going to produce a designer morph book on corn snakes. It has been cancelled, but I think it would still be a great book. I already own several issues of the morph guide, but I would love to see a more comprehensive book on morphs. Both the eye candy of pictures and also a bit of specific information on each morph like history, discoverer, etc.

Now, with that being said, I have no means to do this but would gladly pay to own a copy if you can.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
Nanci
I would love to see that too, but I would like it even more if all the snakes didn't come from the same four people. Other breeders produce beautiful snakes, too.

I have the Rosy Boa morph book- OMG.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
blue roses
Nancy, wouldn't it be possible for one breeder to collect pictures of all the diffrant morphs from all the breeders here who would want to participate and select the best pics. i mean the best example of each morph, along with some pics of what or how many diffrant morphs can come in a single clutch. Do it as a coffee table book, with just a short intro to the corn snake. Also a short chapter on basic care, nothing eelabbret, just enough to wet the informational appetite,let all the beautiful pics speak for themselves. I'm talking a real 12x 15 full color glossys.That would be a book any nature lover would love to own, whether or not they keep snakes or not.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
crackerhead
Chuck Pritzel who wrote and published The Corn Snake Morph Guide has often said that the collecting of morphs photos was the worst part of his job. He would spend much of the year hounding people for pictures and still end up scrambling to get them all in before publishing. Plus not everyone who produces a morph can photograph it with any justice (I fall at the top of that group!). People like Don S. who take great pains and pride in their photographs are few and far between. Add to that the amount of money spent on the equipment and many hobbyists are out of the running. Chuck also pointed out that he needed photos that were on the same background so he could photo shop the pics to fit the book's format. And to this day, four-color printing is very expensive. The Morph Guide went digital a few years back simple because it was sooo much easier/cheaper to publish that way.
Even knowing all this background I would love a giant glossy print coffee table book of corn snake morphs just like the one the Bell's did some years back. It would be like The Sears Christmas Wishbook.

Terri

Old 07-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
Nanci
I would love to see a print CMG again :-(

Old 07-23-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
albertagirl
Even digital, hasn't it been a few years since one came out? I thought the last one I could find was a 2011 or something?? Is there one more recent somewhere?

Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 AM   #7
smigon
I couldn't find anything more recent than this. Chuck Pritzel's Corn Snake Morph Guide

Maybe any of these could be helpful.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #8
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
I couldn't find anything more recent than this. Chuck Pritzel's Corn Snake Morph Guide

Maybe any of these could be helpful.

Thanks! Yes, this is the one I was looking at, but nothing since 2011... which is probably still pretty complete, but it seems like there are new morphs every year! I will check out the other websites, but I'm kind of a book fan. Books never crash. LMAO

Old 07-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #9
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertagirl View Post
Books never crash. LMAO
^^^^^^^^^^^True Dat!

I love my Kindle, but still love a good paper book.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #10
kathylove
Chuck has been really busy the last few years as a full time dad to two young sons. He has really put the time in with them, and it shows! The first one has started school now, and I hope that after the youngest is in school, a new Morph Guide will be a project he will be ready for once more.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google