• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cloudy eye

Gotta run to class but appointment went pretty well. He said the only thing he'd have done differently would have been to have me injecting meds instead of oral. We are done with meds and can try feeding soon. As long as she eats ok everything should be right on course. I feel much better abt everything. You guys rock

Such excellent news!! Don't forget probiotics (Nutribac)!

A video for your enjoyment: the amazing Kathy Love. I learned how to probe from her!!

Update

So juju popped the suture, I found it hanging off yesterday so I clipped off the hanging bits and today when I tried to clip the remaining knot it came right out. I'm glad cuz that knot left in the lip hurt every time juju bumped it on something (which being blind on that side happened roughly every 3 seconds). I dabbed a tiny bit of alcohol like I'd do for myself. Idk what else I'd do. It needs to heal where the suture came out but it looks better than I expected. Here's a current pic

Attachments

• 20170220_210334.jpg
    20170220_210334.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 37
Also I was gonna pick up some triple antibiotic unless someone has a better plan. Appreciate any input. Thanks guys

Juju is definitely looking better. I'm so glad.

I would stay away from alcohol. Just be sure that the antibiotic you get is plain and doesn't have pain reliever in it.

I'd run it by the vet, maybe, but I'd do a couple betadine soaks, where you dilute it to weak tea color, and let him soak in it. The thing with snakes is you should soak them in plain water first, because otherwise they drink the betadine soak. So you have to make sure they aren't thirsty.

Triple antibiotic is good too, but it gets everything stuck to it.

I think she looks great. This will be a good example for the future, if anyone needs to be reassured that the lip will go back to normal!

I don't know if snakes enjoy being handled, but it might be nice for her to just have some time when she isn't being "treated." Sit and watch TV with her and let her just cuddle with you.

Update

Sorry I've been busy with school and forgot to update. Looks rly good imo. This is after first shed. Heads up It's gonna be rly big because I'm posting from my phone per usual

Attachments

• 20170316_155815.jpg
    20170316_155815.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 30
Back