CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Question about Lavender morphs

Old 05-30-2017, 06:04 AM   #1
Enora
Question about Lavender morphs

Hope this is the right place to ask. Which Lavender morph is the most purple? I really really want a purple snake and am trying to find out which one is the most purple so that I can get one soonish. Got an expo coming up in September and will be checking for one there but want to know which morph to ask for.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #2
Dragonling
The most purple I've seen is probably the "Purple X" line from Simon McCleave in Belfast, Ireland, though recent photos have not impressed me as much. Orchids and some Amethysts (Lava Lavender) have had the best purple color in my opinion, but only certain lines. A lot of breeders (especially the majority of hobbyists) only seem to focus on the gene mutations and frequently ignore polygenetic traits, either because line-bred animals with better coloration/patterning are often more expensive or because it just never occurs to them to do so. Depending on the size of the expo, you may or may not find what you're looking for. I went to one of the largest shows in the US last fall and don't recall seeing very many lavender mutants...perhaps a few on Walter Smith's table?

You might get lucky, though. Keep a sharp eye out. If you don't find something perfect, don't feel like you have to buy something right then and there. Plenty of breeders will have hatchlings available starting in June/July.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
Enora
Thanks. If I can't find one at the expo in September I found a breeder that sells them online. Would prefer to get one local though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 05-31-2017, 12:08 AM   #4
Dragonling
Just make sure you check the online breeder against the BOI. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

Old 05-31-2017, 12:10 AM   #5
Enora
I can't find him on there at all but quite a few people in my Facebook forum have gone through him for theirs. srcorns.com is his site

Old 05-31-2017, 02:34 AM   #6
Enora
never mind my last comment. just found him on there. he has only great reviews

Old 05-31-2017, 01:33 PM   #7
Dragonling
Heh, Steve is one of the biggest names in corns. I'm eagerly awaiting his hatching season myself.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:34 PM   #8
Enora
He recommends a hypo lavender. Was just talking to him.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:22 PM   #9
Dragonling
Male especially, if it's bright color you're after. Corns are not typically sexually dimorphic, but female lavenders for whatever reason are just never quite as bright as their male counterparts. My adult female is pretty colorful (though difficult to photograph accurately), and her daughter is coloring up nicely as well, so either sex might be right up your alley. Steve has some pretty exceptional stock.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:52 PM   #10
Enora
Thank you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google