CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

"Policing" the Forums

Old 07-05-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
Shep151
"Policing" the Forums

Hey, all, something occurred to me today.
It appears to me that some of the flaming around here starts when somebody tries to "help" somebody by pointing out rules or their violations.
It's my opinion that some of these arguments may have been averted if the "helper" had just reported the thread to Rich, via the appropriate channels that are in place, rather than telling the individual with a post in the thread. These posts, even with good intentions, can be perceived as condescending or inflammatory (the I'm better than you gig).
My suggestion is that we just report the offending post/thread to Rich, and let him deal with it as he sees fit. He does wield fair judgement, IMHO, and I don't think he'll slam those who don't need it, so we're running the risk of causing more harm than good by taking it upon ourselves.
If it's too frivolous to bother Rich with, then why bother ourselves about it?
Any opinions, folks?

Old 07-05-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
Rich Z
Bear in mind that this is my busy season. So unless the problem is world threatening, I may not be able to even look in on it myself.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
Drizzt80
Personally, if they can't take a 'friendly' reminder or pointer that they are posting in a wrong section, then they's got more problems than we can deal with around here.

D80

Old 07-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
TBurkeIII
i agree on both parts, i think some things may need to be commented on, but for the most part i think it is better to just let the pieces fall where they may. in many cases the posts that start arguments are made from adults and if they cannot recognize where the fault lies than in the big scheme of things their isn't much anybody could do. in the cases where something must be said, i believe there are enough level headed people around these parts that know what should be done. IMHO i like to keep things as unintrusive as possible. there are exceptions though!! LOL

Old 07-06-2005, 04:00 PM   #5
Jynx
I can't help thinking that some of this was about me...

Old 07-06-2005, 05:52 PM   #6
Shep151
My post wasn't about anybody in particular, just a trend I've noticed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google