CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

"Importance" of rep?!?

Old 01-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Drizzt80
"Importance" of rep?!?

I know the comment has been made on occasion regarding the rep system that's in place here. I know there's the opinion that is a frivolous system by some, but I have to say that I am very honored to be included within the top 100 individuals on this list (and even further down!). I can honestly say there is not a single person within that top 100 whose opinion I don't respect . . . may not agree with all the time . . . but definitely respect.

I think the rep system is worth a mint when it comes to the quality of discussions had around here over the years. Bravo!

Just realized there was a neat little sorter link and thought I'd share.
D80

Old 01-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Nanci
Well, it's easy to tell who the biggest blabbermouth is...But I _do_ try to answer the same old questions over and over and over again, patiently.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Roy Munson
That's interesting. I've sorted by "Join Date" to see the real "old-timers", but I've never sorted by rep. I agree with your conclusions, Brent.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
measley
I'm still a newbie here but I have to say, I'm not surprised at all to see who are the top members on that list and I agree, even though most say that rep doesn't mean all that much, I remember when I first joined and people with tons of rep points were reassuring me about all my worries with my first corn and I felt so much better knowing that these people/you all are experienced and have EARNED respect from so many others.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
That's interesting. I've sorted by "Join Date" to see the real "old-timers", but I've never sorted by rep. I agree with your conclusions, Brent.
OMG! Who is ^That guy???

Hi, Dean!

Old 01-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Tula_Montage
Yeah... I'm here wayyyyy too much. LOL

Old 01-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
SnakesRule1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzit80
I can honestly say there is not a single person within that top 100 whose opinion I don't respect . . . may not agree with all the time . . . but definitely respect.
Wow...really? You respect me??? LOL

Thats pretty cool but having the most rep or the most posts doest make you a better member than someone who posts from time to time and doesn't have as much rep.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
torsten
I Reped (don't know how I'm meant to spell that, my spell checker gave me these choices: Reed, Creped, Reaped, Raped and Roped....) you for that post Brent

I'm must admit to being somewhat rather surprised to find myself within that top 100, i wasn't expecting that.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #9
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakesRule1234 View Post

Thats pretty cool but having the most rep or the most posts doest make you a better member than someone who posts from time to time and doesn't have as much rep.
Of course it doesn't, but it helps if you are an active and friendly member of community who is willing to participate in all aspects.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
. . . may not agree with all the time . . .
Quote:
Are you asking me to reassess my statement? I can edit in an "except for SnakesRule1234" if that would make you happy. As you get older you may become wiser.

Quote:
Pray tell what does then. FYI, take a look at post counts of those same individuals. There's some that are high, some that aren't. And when you're done with that, make a comparison of posts per day, so on and so forth.

Having a positive or negative outlook on life is YOUR choice. Nobody else.

D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google