CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

"Importance" of rep?!?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #21
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Or disappear. Remember when it was such a big deal when I closed in on Roy Munson in number of posts?? Come on, Dean, you can catch up!!! I MISS you!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL Looks like a number of people have bypassed him lately He does need to take back his crown. Me, I'm suprise that I'm so high with the number of times that I've disappeared due to something else going on in my life. I'm learning about balancing.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #22
Chip
I hated the rep system when it was first implemented. There were far fewer members, and there were a few cliques that were "repping" each other over and over. It probably even had a little to do with my 4 year sabbatical! There were much bigger things, including a very popular member (actually three!) not paying me for snakes; and corns making up a smaller and smaller part of my collection over time.

These days, I *mostly* like it. It's flawed, sure. There's no reason I should be in the realm of Kathy Love's "rep" on a cornsnake forum, but people get rep for helping... or making a solid point or good joke! It's sheer popularity, but people are usually popular, even in an "e-community" for a reason. I like to see the comment field in my rep, some of the most I have gotten were from threads about culling and such where most members vehemently disagreed with me. I mostly like it because I can rep others who had a fresh outlook on an issue. Or made me really laugh.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
LBoz
I think the rep system is abused a bit, but in a good way. To me, the best thing about gaining rep points is that the higher my points, the more points I am able to give to others. I actually do the math when I give points to other people, and it makes me smile to watch their points increase. Like I said, it's probably abusive, but I think there are so many awesome people here who really go out of their way to be kind, humorous, empathetic, witty and just generally fun that I love repping them. To me, a day without laughter just plain bites. If you make me laugh, you're gonna get rep points from me.

And DYK that I had to rep Alan last night because one of his posts made me actually SNORT?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #24
Chip
Please keep use of DYK's to the appropriate thread. (j/k, garden-tooling for rep)

Old 01-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #25
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohrSnakes View Post
Same here...interesting that rep list doesn't have many of us 02-03 people around yet there are a lot of 07's. Times change I guess.

Of the first 200 people to join only 8 still active here.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #26
caz223
Well, this is a high volume place.
For example, I haven't been here that long, I joined on 10-27-2008.
184 People joined since then, and I'm not counting my member number and subtracting from the last member joined number.
I mean 184 people joined since then that weren't banned as spammers, spambots, etc.
I never realized how many have come and gone.
For this reason alone, I'd say the rep system is a good way of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #27
Chip
When this thing was first instituted, you could also get "bad" rep! I think Vinman crashed the system. Ba da dummmm- pshhh! <another joke>

Old 01-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #28
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Like I said, it's probably abusive, but I think there are so many awesome people here who really go out of their way to be kind, humorous, empathetic, witty and just generally fun that I love repping them.
Exactly, and what's wrong with that in the rep system?!! Communication and "respectful discussion" are all about that!

Quote:
I had to rep Alan last night because one of his posts made me actually SNORT?
One of my long standing DAILY goals is to make someone snort. Nothing like a good snort to really let you know you made someone laugh! (Even better is getting them to pee a little!! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrojo View Post
I think Vinman crashed the system. Ba da dummmm- pshhh! <another joke>
He darn near tried to crash the frivolous recent friend system too!!

D80

Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #29
LBoz
He sold his sense of humor to europe so his belly laughs wouldn't be under cut here.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:51 PM   #30
caz223
Quote:
He sold his sense of humor to europe so his belly laughs wouldn't be under cut here.
WOW !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google