• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal vote is for Nanci. She is consistent, never gets rude, has good info and is a star member. Nanci you will be our next mod...now to find one word to motivate you campaign.........

I haven't been here long, but so far I believe Nanci or Robbie would be outstanding. Both seem to have the time, the knowledge, and the patience (as far as I've seen) to be great.

I would nominate Kathy in a heartbeat, every single thing I've ever seen her write is consistently level-headed, wise and fair ( I'm guessing she probably doesn't have the time for this though). That being said, with Eric ( another great person with many of the same virtues) pulling his hat out of it, I would like to see Nanci or Robbie as moderators.

ps Rich, I bolded my choices to make it easier to count.

What the heck, i would go on the ballot, though i doubt i would win.

Assuming that i don't win, I would say Nanci or Robbie.

Anytime line on the vote day??? Rich.

Robbie is going to get my vote.

You still going to sent me some of them illegal snakes to me in Jersey, right buddy?? :wavey:

I wasn't around much if at all for the last vote; I'm hoping it is done by private ballot. Those who are running so far are of such high quality that it will be a difficult decsion to make.

I wasn't around much if at all for the last vote; I'm hoping it is done by private ballot. Those who are running so far are of such high quality that it will be a difficult decsion to make.

Yes, it will be a private ballot, with the actual voters not being shown. Only the numbers will display, as that is all that really matters in this.

I haven't been to this thread in a while. Mainly because I am very content with the names put forward.
But,...other names have crossed my mind...and if we will get to vote for several, I feel guilty remaining silent when there are other excellent candidates that have not officially been (as far as I know) mentioned yet.

Kyle, Brent, KJ, and Mike all come to mind.

"DYK" seems very well represented...but balance is only fair. These guys know a lot about snakes, post a lot about snakes,...and I have observed are very excellent debaters on hot button topics.

I would nominate Kathy in a heartbeat, every single thing I've ever seen her write is consistently level-headed, wise and fair ( I'm guessing she probably doesn't have the time for this though). That being said, with Eric ( another great person with many of the same virtues) pulling his hat out of it, I would like to see Nanci or Robbie as moderators.

ps Rich, I bolded my choices to make it easier to count.
I was thinking Kathy Love as well....

I haven't been to this thread in a while. Mainly because I am very content with the names put forward.
But,...other names have crossed my mind...and if we will get to vote for several, I feel guilty remaining silent when there are other excellent candidates that have not officially been (as far as I know) mentioned yet.

Kyle, Brent, KJ, and Mike all come to mind.

"DYK" seems very well represented...but balance is only fair. These guys know a lot about snakes, post a lot about snakes,...and I have observed are very excellent debaters on hot button topics.
Maybe this is the time to install two mods, the work load would be lightened for Susan, Deano and An. Other, a bit.:rolleyes:

Thanks Eric, very kind of you, but I don't see myself doing that...and well...sounds like it might involve something related to work (As I'm sure our already hard-working mods would agree.) and I'm trying very hard to keep this a hobby.

Please remember that anyone nominated has to accept the nomination HERE to be considered. No sense expending the votes on someone who does not want to do this.

Rich, I feel I would love to stand but I believe it will just split the vote.
And I think there is much stronger candidates who are definitely gonna take this..

Are you gonna post a list of everyone who has been nominated or will it be better if you chose people who you think already tow the party line as ultimately you have to be happy with them?

Rich, I feel I would love to stand but I believe it will just split the vote.
And I think there is much stronger candidates who are definitely gonna take this..

Are you gonna post a list of everyone who has been nominated or will it be better if you chose people who you think already tow the party line as ultimately you have to be happy with them?

I don't know about "party line", but pretty much anyone who has bumped heads with me over how I run this site will not have much chance of being on the roster. I can't see putting someone into a moderator position when there has already been obvious friction over my decisions. A masochist I'm not.

I will also give the moderators veto power over any candidates, as we all need to work together, and I am not about to bring someone on board if it makes matters worse because of conflicts between moderators. Moderators need to run this site how I want it to be run. I give them a lot of leeway because of the gray areas, but there isn't any room here for someone who will drive a wedge, either accidentally or intentionally, right through the membership and staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back