• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hides

reaper

hi all

my snow corn devil never seems to come out from under a piece of cork bark he has in his viv he also has hides both in the hot and cool side of the viv but never uses them. he spends all his time under the bark he is shedding at the moment should i remove the bark out of the viv as its in the center bit worried about him getting two warm or cold. or is this normal so should i leave the bark there

thanks

watch him at the evening. That is when he will become most active. If he is not going to the warm and or cold sides you might wanna check him to see if he is ok. Has he missed a feeding?

this might not be the right thing to do, but take him out give him a bath. atleast it will help with the shedding. And it will be easier for you to check him to see if he is ok.

He's fine. Leave him alone till he sheds. He is fine there or he would move:) They don't move around much when the are getting ready to shed. If I check a hide and notice they are in a shed cycle I put the hide back down and do not disturb till I see a shed skin. Since you have hides in other areas of your viv he has plenty of choices so he is doing what is comfortable for him. I'm sure he is coming out at other times (non shed cycle) and you have just missed him. He's getting a drink right? Post some pics after shed, they always look so good.

:) Alicia

he has shed now seems a bit more active but still seems very scared when anyone goes near his viv is this just because he is young and came from a pet shop where they never handled him. its just reaper my other corn is noisy and comes out when you go near his viv

thanks

ps pic posted of devil after shed

He will get better as he gets older. When they are young they can be so jumpy and afraid. I checked out his after shed pic and he looks great. Give him time and he will be nosey too:D

:) Alicia

Back