• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Identified my snake!

lenjaisb

hihih all ^___^, i recently bought a corn snake but just dont know what kind is it. could neone name what kind of corn is this?

img0697lp6.jpg

img0713tj5.jpg

img0961zd4.jpg

img0110pk4.jpg

resizedimg0963ku9.jpg

Youve got a nice little amel possibly motley there to me! Could you get more belly pictures?

Great looking Hatchling there. Congrats! :cheers:

I stand firm however on my earlier post, Hypo Motley. :cool:

And i will back you up on that Lore! Definitely a motley and looks very hypo to me. Thank's for the added pictures also. :cool:

John

To break down what hypo motley means:
Hypo or Hypomelanistic is a genetic trait that ends up with less black/dark-brown pigment (melanin) being produced. A normal corn snake would have the same colour with darker red and black lines around the red parts.
Motley is a gene that give the corn snake a distinct pattern. The belly has no check board patter, a trait a regular corn would have (this is why we asked for belly pictures), motley makes the pattern on the back to have a row of spots of light colour on the darker colour rather then a saddle pattern of dark on light. You see how the pattern on his back on the front half is different from the back? most corns have the pattern of his back half all the way from there head, the spot pattern is what they call motley.
This means you have a fancy corn snake. :cheers:

One guy speculated that it might be an amel or Amelanistic. An amel is a corn snake with no black and would have red eyes (this is why we asked for pictures of it's eyes), hypo is kind of a half ways between normal and amel. Amel is probably the most common morph aside from normal, Hypo is less common and ends up being more expensive, nice find!

JTGoff69 said:
It's def an amel mot, het what??? caramel? Is it possible to be het caramel? I forget :shrugs:
It is definately NOT an amel...has dark eyes and faint dark bands (see last blurry pic of close up of head). I would also say it is a hypo motley (definately a motley).

Back