• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Biting Snake

She is eating fine. It was last summer it stopped eating for a while.

Looking at your pics I would say for sure the light one and maybe both look over weight. So if one is a female and did get bred it could cause problems.

I don't know the sex of them.
I got that extra tank I just need a heat source now.
And a hiding spot.

Sorry thought you said they might be 1.1. You can use plastic tubs (like butter or whipped cream), carpet tubes are nice, I also like broken clay pots. I just buy the cheap ones and crack a hole in the side and crack a bigger hole in the bottom.

Awesome. My son is using one as a bookcase and he wants a snake for his room. It's nice to know I can put heat tape down on that.

Yeah- since heat tape should only be around 90*, I figure a plastic shelf is just fine. If it melts the shelf, it would probably be hot enough to kill the snake.

I don't know the sex of them.
I got that extra tank I just need a heat source now.
And a hiding spot.

I go to the dollar store to buy hides.... I turn bowls into hides, or opaque jars, or planters. And I also buy the fake plants there. And water dishes. My snakes love the dog dishes that they can hide under.

Yes. The dark one looks just like one of my normals.

The light one is missing the melanin, so it is Amelanistic. (no brown or black).
This one looks overweight, for your information. I wouldnt worry about it until after you get them separated and they have adjusted to that.
Your Amelanistic looks like a beauty. I would like to see more pics!

Ok thanks. Is over weight bad? I only feed them every week and 1/2.
I thought the other bit me because it was very hungry.
I'll take some pics in the new tank soon.

That is a good feeding plan.

Who knows why the amel looks overweight??

Like I said, don't worry about it at the moment.

Your feeding schedule is golden.

My .02 the dark one has something going on besides normal and the light one looks like a creamsicle or butter, unless the colors are way off.
Being overweight is a problem if by chance one is a female and did get bred. You could go to 14 day feedings, do you know their weight.

My .02 the dark one has something going on besides normal and the light one looks like a creamsicle or butter, unless the colors are way off.

On my end, the light one looks very orange and red. It would make an unusual reddish butter and it doesn't look like a hybrid to me.

The dark one looks just like some of my normals. A little brown in that pic, but I think that is mostly the lighting.

Back