CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Stuck shed and dead tail?!?

Old 12-11-2020, 10:06 PM   #1
Newowner89
Stuck shed and dead tail?!?

So we got a baby corn snake on 11/14. She had her first shed with us on 11/29. We were still waiting to handle since she went blue right around the time we were going to try so we just looked at the shed and it seemed to be one solid shed.

We have handled several times since then but she is bitey getting her out and when she gets out of the enclosure she normally calms down but is still pretty fast and feta flighty if you are too fast around her or try to really inspect her.

Tonight we were handling and noticed something off about her tail. Upon closer look it looks like she retained a little bit of shed on her tail tip and due to her flighty nature in handling we never noticed. The tail tip is pretty brown and we are worried it may be dead. I am going to try and run it gently with a wet paper towel tomorrow but we aren’t really sure what to do here if the tip is dead. Is this vet worthy or just something that will solve itself.

Not sure what caused the stuck shed her humidity is a constant 40-60 with it very rarely getting to 40 on the hot side. It averages around 45-50 warm side and 55-60 cold side.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-11-2020, 10:09 PM   #2
Newowner89
Photos didn’t attach

Old 12-20-2020, 06:11 PM   #3
DangerNoodlesXoXo
I posted because I have almost the exact same issue with my girl. From what I’ve read it may or may not come back and return to normal blood flow. If not, it should fall off within a few sheds. Just so you know, the tail does not grow back but should be hardly noticeable as an adult. I hope this helped.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google