CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I NEED HELP ASAP!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
crotalis40741
yeah i can go there for a few thank you

Old 04-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
SnakeKiss247
I am in the chat room waiting.... if you don't show. I can drop in sometime tonight.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #13
Nanci
How long have you had the 2010's? Have you kept them isolated from the rest of your collection? Have you isolated any other snakes from that same source? And do you plan to isolate your new arrivals?? It is not expected, normal, acceptable for two snakes to die for no apparent reason in such a short time span, and it makes me quite nervous for you that they are both from the same source.

When someone, anyone, has a snake die, and doesn't take steps to find out the cause, they are just prolonging the problem. It isn't going to go away. Can you find a reptile vet anywhere?

Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
crotalis40741
i separated the new arrivals i got this morning from the rest of the group, and i have the sick one away from the rest of her arrival mates, i am real nervous about it all. i have never lost babies like this. i have called all the vets in the surrounding area, none of them are familiar with snakes, this part of ky is pretty rural and they mainly deal with the dogs, cats, and live stock, i am doing everything i can to find the cause and not wanting to prolong anything with them, they have only been here a few weeks, all have eaten, and what ever this thing is does them in fast. they are all away from the rest of my collection, i have other 2010s that i have had for a while now that are doing great.
sorry to ramble on just kinda distraught at the moment. thank you all for the adice

Old 04-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #15
vetusvates
Crotalis, surely you are not talking about the beautiful batch you got back on Feb 19...

Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #16
crotalis40741
Yes that is them, i am beside myself. I lost the caramel stripe last week and today my female amel het hypo fire. I am hoping the vet that is supposed to call me in the morning does and we can figure out what is going on.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #17
vetusvates
It crossed my mind because I remembered asking about an update around Mar 12.

I am so sorry to hear of your bad news.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #18
crotalis40741
Yes i was going to update them soon, was trying to let them get some size on them. I had a male regurge for the first time this evening he ate 4 days ago, one of the other males regurged yesterday but neither are showing the signs the females did before they died. I am hoping when the vet calls me he can do some tests and see if he can find the problem. thanks to all who have replied

Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #19
Susan
I'll get what info I can that you can give your local vet to help him/her at least send in the proper samples and run the proper tests that can at least rule out crypto. Hopefully, you are at least a client for pets that vet does normally see. Otherwise, you're going to have a more difficult time getting him/her to do something they don't normally do. If you get another regurge, save it in the fridge. If possible, ask your vet today for a couple of clean slides and a slide holder so you will have them handy. You can let him/her know that you're talking with a certified vet tech with 28 years experience that will walk all of you through what you need to send off to their lab. If you can get the name of the lab they use, that will help me.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #20
crotalis40741
Thank you very much, The vet just called me back and said he couldn't help me, that they didn't have the capacity to test the snakes. I have an email and phone for one in Va that does snakes so I am contacting them to see what they need. I talked with one vet yesterday and some breeders and all told me it didnt sound like crypto said the snakes were dying too fast. All said they thought it sounded viral. I don't know.
As soon as i know something from the Va vet i will let you know as to what i need to send them. Thank you very much Susan. I really appreciate it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google