CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I NEED HELP ASAP!

Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #21
Nanci
They can check for viral inclusions with samples from the necropsy, if you ask for it. If the vet asks for it.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #22
crotalis40741
Yes, I finally heard back from one vet, said he cant help me so I emailed one in Va that was recommended by another breeder that she uses. so i am waiting on a reply as to what they need and the prices. thank you all.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #23
SnakeKiss247
Good luck! How are the other snakes doing today?

Old 04-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #24
crotalis40741
None have died today, had a male regurge last nite and one the day before. both are still looking normal so far. thank you for asking

Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #25
Nanci
Do you have Nutribac? I'm sure you know how, but are you putting them on a conservative regurge protocol to try to save them?

Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #26
crotalis40741
Yes i have it, I got it yesterday. The non regurgers are due to eat today. All my older snakes ate day before yesterday and none have shown any signs yet of this. My other 2010s look fine also so far. Still no word back from the vet in Va. So i guess time will tell.
thank you all

Old 04-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #27
JohnNJ
Bob:

Hopefully whatever it is will stay contained within the new snake population and not spread to the other snakes in your collection. So far that's what happened with mine.

Have you spoken to Doc Walker about this yet? You're getting good advice from everyone here but with the limited access you have to a reptile vet it may be more productive if Doc checks the snakes on his end. You said he's a great guy so I'm sure he'll take whatever steps necessary to rectify your situation and to contain the problem before it spreads any further, if a problem is found. He did refund my money for the ones that died.

One thing - when my snakes died I threw away anything they came in contact with, on the advice of the very knowledgable people here. That included tubs, water bowls, deli cups, etc.

Good luck to you.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #28
Caryl
I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. There's nothing more frightening and frustrating that not knowing what's wrong and not being able to find out. Have you considered contacting the University of Kentucky? London's only about 75 miles down the interstate from Lexington, if I recall correctly. Also, I found these vets listed on "Herp Vet Connection."

Bianca Zaffarano, DVM
Lexington Small Animal Hospital
245 Regency Circle
Lexington, KY 40503
Tel: (606) 277-4315
Comments:
SK - We had driven around 90 miles to see her. She knows what she is doing. She has been treating our snake for parasites from its food and anorexia. I can not think of going to anyone else. (06/04/02)
Dr. Jennifer Walker
Pennyroyal Small and Exotic Animal Hospital
247 Regency Circle
Lexington, KY 40503
Tel: (859) 277-4315
Fax: (859) 277-1842

I really hope you find out soon what's happening, and that the rest of your animals remain healthy.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #29
SnakeKiss247
Hope the little guys are doing better today... keep us informed. Good luck.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #30
crotalis40741
Thank you all for the great advice and kind words, i will contact UK and see what they say, i know they have a dept of animal disease there. thank you all

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google