CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I NEED HELP ASAP!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #71
crotalis40741
Ok Charlie I checked my records and told you wrong Ochre got here the 8th and the first one died the 20th but they had no contact. Sorry for the wrong info.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #72
Karoni
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #73
JohnNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalis40741 View Post
Yes if the testing results show anything, either on my part or the breeders the breeder will be notified quickly. At this point I am just ready to find what is going on if I can.
Bob:

You mentioned that you are keeping the breeder up to date with what's happening. Have you told Doc that you don't have the money for testing?

I would think, at this point, he would step up and offer to pay for the testing since the same thing has happened to several people that have recently purchased snakes from him. (Again - he did refund my money)

We're not talking about one or two snakes here. We're talking about around two dozen that I'm aware of.

As info - the three that I got from Doc that died were 2010 corns. I also purchased an MBK at the same time and that snake is still OK. He was larger than the others when he arrived and not a corn so I wonder if it's specific to young corns. Has anyone had an older corn from Doc die? What about a non-corn?

John

Old 04-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #74
SnakeKiss247
Bob, I just read the latest posts. I am so sorry that you are going through all this trouble. I hope in the end, something good comes out of it. It's a real shame and I know you must be stressed to the hilt. Just know I am here to talk to if you need me for anything. I hope this is all that are going to die.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #75
Allalaskan
Quote:
Ok Charlie I checked my records and told you wrong Ochre got here the 8th and the first one died the 20th but they had no contact. Sorry for the wrong info.
np, I was just curios and hoping that it was contained within the new snakes and not hitting your entire collection.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #76
crotalis40741
Yes I have explained things to the breeder, was told that if it was something on his end he would split the cost of the necro with me. This has not been a good day dealing with vets around here to get the stuff to send the snake out. But I found a place at UK Animal Diagnostics in Lexington said they could test the snake for me. The price is a lot less than what most have told me, so if I can't get the formulin from a vet here like I was told I could by one of them, I will go that route. It seems formulin is a not a very well liked substance here. I am guessing becuase of certain people and thier wants for it. So the vets won't dispence it. Had one vet tell me well ours has a label on it already, I asked well can't the label come off? I just want to ship to Florida to be tested. I even offered to bring the snake in and let them put it in the stuff and pay thier office visit.
thank you all

Old 04-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #77
JohnNJ
Quote:
Yes I have explained things to the breeder, was told that if it was something on his end he would split the cost of the necro with me.
At this point with so many different individuals effected and only one common denominator, how could it not be something on his end? If I was the breeder I surely would want to know for sure and at my expense. Perhaps he already does.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #78
Nanci
One wonders...

Old 04-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #79
Tom Tuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNJ View Post
At this point with so many different individuals effected and only one common denominator, how could it not be something on his end? If I was the breeder I surely would want to know for sure and at my expense. Perhaps he already does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
One wonders...
This is beginning to sound very suspicious. I have purchased 2 adults from the breeder & so far they are fine. I hope that continues. However if there is something going on in the breeder's colony, I would hope that he would own up to it & come clean. I keep seeing more of his adults being listed.
I'm looking forward to learning of the results.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #80
JohnNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsthompson View Post
This is beginning to sound very suspicious. I have purchased 2 adults from the breeder & so far they are fine. I hope that continues. However if there is something going on in the breeder's colony, I would hope that he would own up to it & come clean. I keep seeing more of his adults being listed.
I'm looking forward to learning of the results.
I suggest you start keeping very good records.

As Arlo Guthrie said "27 8×10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one..."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google