CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Zombie Cornsnake (Seriously vamped out corn)

Old 06-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #71
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxis View Post
For the love of snakes, mate, please sort things with this snake and get her healthy again before taking a shot at more snakes. Prove to yourself that you can be an awesome snakekeeper by helping this little girl thrive! Once she is alright, and your temps are stable (with 85f being the highest possible temp), then consider more snakes.

Snakes are not toys! They are living beings with specific needs. From everything you've posted on these 5 pages, your snake has been through a traumatic experience. Do you really want the others to do the same?
Try asking yourself why your snake stopped eating. You can find the answers repeatedly throughout this forum. Instead of taking offense to any of these posts, accept them, admit that you maybe made a mistake, and learn from them. Get your little anery eating and thriving, and then get more.

Can I ask, why do you even want more snakes? Isn't one pet enough, especially when she's not doing so well and needs your help and attention? Remember that each one is a major responsibility. I have 7, and I have to dedicate a lot of time to keep them clean, healthy, fed, and at correct temps.
On the other hand, you said that your mom doesn't approve. I'm thinking you should consider her. How old are you, anyway?

Same reason you have 7 i want more. As for useful post, i only saw about three that actually had any good information. Go back to the first page please and see who started with the insults and childish behavior.

My age? I'm 16 but why does that even matter?

Oh an i put this snake in WAY better condition than it was before, i got her from petco, she was skinny as hell, stink, with about 9 other snakes and had no water. Because of me she got a few extra months of life.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #72
neiman07
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
I think there is a good chance we are feeding a troll here.
It refused to admit that it's wrong, and it's rude.
I fear for any living thing that relies on this....person for proper care.
even worse he wants to get more soon! but he cant even give this one a good home, i fear there will be co-habbing maybe and his mom doesnt even want them! i dont understand him at all!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #73
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
It relates to HER because your temps being too high can cause her to overheat and die. She's already clearly showed signs of the temps being too high, and we're telling you to lower them AND explaining that being a little cool is far better than being too hot.

Reading comprehension minus defensiveness is definitely in order.

For example, it is 80 degrees in my house right now, so I've turned the heat off on my snakes. They are still able to digest their meals quite well, are not showing any signs of stress or overheating.

And when I have a hatchling with low desire to eat, I put them and a hot half-pink into a plastic sandwich tub and put it under a blanket so that the snake is alone, quiet, and in the dark. And I leave 'em there for about 4 hours. If they don't eat that time, I do it again 3 days later. It's worked eventually on most of 'em.
Thanks.... does chicken broth work

Old 06-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #74
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
I think there is a good chance we are feeding a troll here.
It refused to admit that it's wrong, and it's rude.
I fear for any living thing that relies on this....person for proper care.
Have a nice day bud.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #75
starsevol
We are just calling 'em as we see 'em.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #76
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceduke View Post
Indeed. I'm done here.
This forum is a joke, start with insults and end with them.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #77
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceduke View Post
A sweet substance usually found in granule form, a common ingredient in many recipes and found in most kitchens.

Seriously though, sugar is a dessicant, and soaking the swelling in sugar water will help to draw the fluid out of the area and bring the swelling down. It's a fairly common practice when a snake experiences a prolapse.

The suggestion to use cool water is just for her comfort, as it seem to me that a dehydrated, recently overheated animal would probably be happier with cool water.
Thanks for the help after 40 post of crap.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #78
neiman07
rubbing a lizard on the mice works sometimes i read, i dont remember what kind of lizard maybe someone else will... i would think chicken broth has to much salt in it i could be wrong though.. i would give her a couple of days before you try to feed her again though and try to feed her at night sense they are night critters!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #79
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiman07 View Post
even worse he wants to get more soon! but he cant even give this one a good home, i fear there will be co-habbing maybe and his mom doesnt even want them! i dont understand him at all!
Perfection.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #80
neiman07
or maybe you have a snake that will only eat live or freshly killed mice.. have you thought about trying either of those?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google