CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Zombie Cornsnake (Seriously vamped out corn)
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #81
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
We are just calling 'em as we see 'em.
You my sir fail! You fail bad!
 
Old 06-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #82
Ares2010
Ok.. straight up here..

You say you rescued her from the pet store where she was in worse condition.. and that you have actually helped her... kudos to you (truly)... but right now please make sure her temps are not above 85 F.. and make sure if the rooms hot enough you don't have her heating on.. and make sure PLEASE that she has full clean water in her dish at all times. And try to put her in a container and placing her pinky in with her and leaving her alone (with a lid covering so she doesn't get out). And try the sugar soaking thing for her vent and hope to hell she doesn't need a vet. If so, try googling for one in your area that is herp knowledgable. If you can't get to him/her.. perhaps call and explain the injury and perhaps he/she can advise you. And please don't try to pop her anymore or any other snake without knowing for sure how to do it.

This is all I ask. Make sure you clean out her tank regularly as well.

Please!!!!!!
 
Old 06-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #83
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiman07 View Post
rubbing a lizard on the mice works sometimes i read, i dont remember what kind of lizard maybe someone else will... i would think chicken broth has to much salt in it i could be wrong though.. i would give her a couple of days before you try to feed her again though and try to feed her at night sense they are night critters!
Okay i will keep that in mind
 
Old 06-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #84
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiman07 View Post
or maybe you have a snake that will only eat live or freshly killed mice.. have you thought about trying either of those?
No way for me to get live pinks, and petco feeds frozen......
 
Old 06-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #85
neiman07
u had an issue with a snake i bought from petco and they returned it after 2 ms of trying to feed it, it soon diead after that.. they dont make sure the are very good eaters when they sell them to you.. also they should have put a vet they use on the slip of paper the give to you when you bought it!
 
Old 06-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #86
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares2010 View Post
Ok.. straight up here..

You say you rescued her from the pet store where she was in worse condition.. and that you have actually helped her... kudos to you (truly)... but right now please make sure her temps are not above 85 F.. and make sure if the rooms hot enough you don't have her heating on.. and make sure PLEASE that she has full clean water in her dish at all times. And try to put her in a container and placing her pinky in with her and leaving her alone (with a lid covering so she doesn't get out). And try the sugar soaking thing for her vent and hope to hell she doesn't need a vet. If so, try googling for one in your area that is herp knowledgable. If you can't get to him/her.. perhaps call and explain the injury and perhaps he/she can advise you. And please don't try to pop her anymore or any other snake without knowing for sure how to do it.

This is all I ask. Make sure you clean out her tank regularly as well.

Please!!!!!!
Thank you! How long should the soak last, 30mins? inch deep right?
 
Old 06-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #87
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto View Post
This forum is a joke, start with insults and end with them.
For your information, this is THE best forum on the net for cornsnake care.
The people here happen to LOVE cornsnakes and happen to have just read that you have obviously overheated, nearly killed, squeezed, threw your snake, and up til now made every mealtime for her a frightening ordeal.
Sorry kiddo, but as a group we happen to care more about the welfare of your poor little girl than your widdle feelings. We care about her more than you can know, and obviously more than you do.

It also seems that somebody is dropping the ball as far as raising a child with even basic manners. Shame on them!
 
Old 06-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #88
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiman07 View Post
u had an issue with a snake i bought from petco and they returned it after 2 ms of trying to feed it, it soon diead after that.. they dont make sure the are very good eaters when they sell them to you.. also they should have put a vet they use on the slip of paper the give to you when you bought it!
What? Are you suggesting my taking the snake to the vet?
 
Old 06-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #89
Ares2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto View Post
Thank you! How long should the soak last, 30mins? inch deep right?
As long as you can keep her in it.. even half an inch is fine.. you don't want her to chance drowning.. although I doubt she will.. shes liable to squirm wanting to get out than to float in it. But it should help soothe her..

And also, having the tank bottom too hot will aggravate her wound on her vent too.. so like I said.. lower the temps.. she'll be ok.
 
Old 06-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #90
neiman07
yea the vet.. but petco normally writes the vet they use on the sheet of paper for your area!!!
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.





Fauna Top Sites
 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.03516793 seconds with 9 queries
Copyright Rich Zuchowski/SerpenCo