CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

BABY corn snake hasn't eaten one meal yet and is 3 months old - GREEN poo

Old 04-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #71
Nanci
When does she get to try a pinky head??

Old 04-13-2013, 05:01 AM   #72
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
When does she get to try a pinky head??
She's active, alert, and gaining weight quicker than I thought she would! I'm going to get her to 6g before I try a boiled pink. I've managed to get the smallest reds I've ever seen after a fun half an hour picking through the freezer bags at the local pet store.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #73
diamondlil
Still 5g despite a massive poop! Rosie was cruising her tub, ready for feeding. 1.5 mls of squished pinky. I'm not sure when she'll go into shed, and don't want to risk a regurge at this delicate stage, snows are still hard for me to tell when they are going blue. (Charlotte, can you remember when she shed before?)
I think next feed I shall try a tiny red, boiled. Rosie is so active and strong that she may be ready sooner than I'd thought she would be. The photo showing her 'looking for dinner', the syringe is in the foreground, it's not really that big!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #74
Nanci
With my avalanches, if they are usually out, or at least in sight, and one day they are hidden away, this virtually always indicates they are blue. I also rely on weight if I just can't tell. I use a scale that weighs in tenths of grams. If there is a larger-than-expected weight gain, I suspect blue.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #75
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
With my avalanches, if they are usually out, or at least in sight, and one day they are hidden away, this virtually always indicates they are blue. I also rely on weight if I just can't tell. I use a scale that weighs in tenths of grams. If there is a larger-than-expected weight gain, I suspect blue.
So far Rosie sems a very sociable little snakey, Nanci, so if she does hide that will be a good indication. I'm so happy she's doing so well. Trying to help your own snake is one thing, trying for someone else's loved pet is scary!

Old 04-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #76
disgurlchar
OMG for some reason I havn't been getting notifications for this thread so I come on here and see all these new pictures of my baby!!

Janine - she has only ever shed once, and that was around 10 days after she came out the egg. Hasn't shed since so I thought she would of been in shed soon with those meals you feeding her!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend Janine - weather was lovely down here, good for fishing im assuming x

Old 04-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #77
Kaifyre
Updatesville!!!

-- Kaifyre

Old 04-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #78
Brainmurk
This has been a great encouragement for someone who's got a youngling that's been picky about eating. Super awesome feel-good story, and I'm totally rooting for little Rosie. You can do it, girl!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #79
diamondlil
Look at what Rosie did!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #80
hypnoctopus
Great news!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google