CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Adult corn snake hasn't eaten in 2 months! Please help!

Old 03-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #11
compasseagle89
lbrown290, if your snake is whats in your profile picture, then this is quite eerie. mine looks exactly like yours, is only about a year older, and has been doing almost the exact same thing!

i was worried for awhile that the cold weather in florida (its odd saying that) was putting him off, but now i feel much better.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #12
lbrown290
Yes, that is a pic of my snake. Hopefully they will both start eating again soon.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:42 AM   #13
Shylyte
So did it eat yet?

One of my male corns ('07 Hypo) has been on a hunger strike for a while too - lol - Love is in the air! He last ate Feb 13 and has skipped the 3 feedings since... bonus for the female I am breeding this year. I had expected this and am not worried because he has always been a good eater. I must admit I figured he would eat after hooking up a couple times, but I guess he still wants more

Old 03-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #14
lbrown290
No he has not eaten yet. I tried him again this last Sunday gone by. He seemed very interested. Came right to it as soon as I put it the tank. I felt very optimistic but when I went back in several hours later it was still there. It's now been 9 or 10 weeks since he ate last. Hope he figures out he still has a stomach soon!

Old 03-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #15
bitsy
Try leaving it in with him overnight and see if that does the trick.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #16
lbrown290
Thanks, I will try that. If he doesn't eat soon I think I'll feel compelled to take to the vet. I know they can go a long time without eating but it worries me. I think he may be starting to lose a bit of weight. His skin seems a bit slacker than it used to be. At what point would you take yours to the vet due to non-feeding?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #17
compasseagle89
mine has eaten very little since the beginning of january. but im not too concerned because he is in the process of shedding. as far as i know, that is a sign that he is still healthy.

is this true?

Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #18
carol
One thing that helps around here is only attempting to feed every two weeks. I used to have so many males refuse to eat this time of year, I would have to feed all my males first, and then a few hours later collect all the uneaten mice and give them to the females. Now I only offer every two weeks and vary rarely get refusals. Why they seem to refuse food for four weeks if offered every week, but take it if you skip just one week is beyond me but I have found it works. Maybe it makes them sense food is more scarce so they better take it when they find it.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #19
cjcaunce89
My Corn Snake Wont Eat Neither For About 4-5 weeks

My Corn Snake hasn't Eaten in 4-5 weeks , We've had him since the 16th December 2014 he was eating fine until he shed about 2 weeks ago which was a good shed

He also moves around his tank like hes trying to get out and going up and around the viv going upside down and everything i'm new to all this .. this is my first ever snake and im just worried for him ive told my wife we need to take him to vet but really dont no !!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!

Old 02-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #20
compasseagle89
cjcaunce89 - Mine does the same, and has since I originally posted in here (has it really been 5 years?). Every spring, he seems to forget that he has a stomach. Given his behavior, I've written it off simply as "hunting for chicks." I just keep observing his behavior, and when he starts acting hungry again, I'll offer him a mouse and see what he does. If he eats, I'll offer another at the next feeding, and everything is business as usual.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google