CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Tips on handling a baby snake?

Old 01-30-2015, 09:29 PM   #11
dragons24
I have some tips on picking her up. You spread your fingers apart and then scoop under the snake. That's how I normally do it, and it works for me. Pepperoni never bites me, but he is a calm snake in general.

-Cassie

Old 01-30-2015, 10:44 PM   #12
SnakesMcGee
My corn only bit me the first time I handled her (if you don't count feeding mistakes, which are my fault). Either way a bite from a baby corn is like a fly landing on your arm. Mosquitoes hurt more.

Princess actually calms down a ton when she's in shed. I still minimize handling because my belief is that her "calm" is more frightened than relaxed, but either way it's interesting - she is less defensive in shed than any other time.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:48 PM   #13
grandlinegirl
I actually got to hold her for the first time today! I gave her a week to settle in to her new home and then almost 2 days after feeding to digest and stuff. I held her tonight and it was amazing! It was my first time really holding a snake. She didn't bite, she just slithered happily between my fingers. She wasn't bothered at all by being held. Honestly, I just want to go pick her up again! It was amazing haha

Old 01-30-2015, 10:49 PM   #14
SnakesMcGee
Aww I'm so happy for you! Your first time handling a snake is really special. I felt the same way with Princess. I'm glad she's such a sweet little thing!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google