CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Euthanization -- A New Method

Old 05-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #91
Buzzard
So you vet tech mice. Lol. Are we seriously debating this? The fact that your a vet tech doesn't make you an expert. And yes I am no expert. That's an altered pic. Prove that it isn't. And oh don't assume just because your a vet tech that your an expert at dead animals. I put down my fair share of animals when I work for the spca of pinellas county. Not that you haven't put down animals in your time. But how many pet mice have you actually euthanized as a vet tech. (Not as snake food). And then how many do you euthanize for snake food? I average somewhere around 400 euthanized mice/rats a month.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #92
Shiari
How often do you take those mice and set 'em up for necropsies (guess which animals are flat on their backs with the nose in the air!) or pose 'em for distraught owners?

And prove it? Well, I only have frozen mice, but fine. I'll go thaw out a mouse, use some string to tie it to some cardboard, and show you how easily that is done. The belly will be more saggy on mine, due to the nature of tissue breakdown from freezing, but in an hour or so, I'll show you that pic.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #93
Buzzard
If you succeed. I will change my stance. I have sat with a lot of people surrendering animals knowing the animal will be euthanized. Angered at the fact too. Mostly because the owner refused to pay vet bills. I am sure you get the plenty of that too. And you also see great owners. That was rare for me to see.

Can't say I saw many necropies. But the few I did see, the heads of the animals were laid to the side.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #94
SnakeAround
I'm so curious If there is not a photo tomorrow I will set it up myself

Old 05-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #95
neiman07
O MERCY! i wanna say its real but i cant say for sure! the ears still being perked up like that would that happen if it was already dead?! that the only thing really bothering me.. maybe a fresh kill still would. but ill see what you guys come up with lol

Old 05-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #96
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiman07 View Post
O MERCY! i wanna say its real but i cant say for sure! the ears still being perked up like that would that happen if it was already dead?! that the only thing really bothering me.. maybe a fresh kill still would. but ill see what you guys come up with lol
The ears on mine are NOT perked... because it is a rather old frozen mouse. But the ears on a fresh-killed would still be 'normal' looking.

Pictures in just a minute.

*edit*

Allright, his face is all squished up on one side, but his head is actually NOT tilted. I couldn't get his lips to go back to 'normal'.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #97
neiman07
nasty mice nuts on the floor! lol

it looks good but i dont know for sure, im still on the fence!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #98
Buzzard
Very good. I am wrong. It could be not altered. I still think the ears and boy parts are altered but I am way wrong about the head.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:46 AM   #99
Naagas
I can't believe that you guys are debating this!
Wow- dead mouse pics! Morbid yet fascinating.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:44 AM   #100
SnakeAround
Thanks for the efforts! To me the photo of the OP is not altered. A freshly killed mouse can have roundef ears and I don't see how the boy parts would look different.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google