CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

Hybrids wanted!

Old 05-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #11
endrin
Says you man!

Old 05-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #12
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes Incorporated View Post
There are two things I hate nearly as bad as pedophilia. The willful breading of hybrids and the creation or keeping of venomoids.
Everyone to their own but there is just certain things in life that has no ethical worth or value.
And this has what to do with this "wanted" ad??

Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #13
Snakes Incorporated
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
And this has what to do with this "wanted" ad??
Everything. Here someone is looking for an animal that is willfully breed out of "existence". Science does not even have a category other than a hybrid. Yeah everything

Old 05-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #14
bekers71
Quote:
Everything. Here someone is looking for an animal that is willfully breed out of "existence". Science does not even have a category other than a hybrid. Yeah everything
No need for yelling. Just wondering why your personal opinion has a place on a wanted ad. If you felt so strongly about it, you could have sent a Pm back in JULY of '09 when this post was made. Not a big deal to me though. Each to their own I suppose.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #15
Snakes Incorporated
Bekers I saw it this evening and responded in May 2010. If you don`t like my honest opinion on this unethical subject please accept my apologies.

Rather just leave it there and carry non walking.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #16
PJ@PJCReptiles
Ok...ok...ok...

As SI has stated, "everyone to their own" or to each his/her own.

Seems to be a lot of high tensions on CS.com lately.

No matter how anyone looks at "hybrids", the fact still remains, they are out there. People are purchasing them and breeding them. We can all make up our own minds as to whether we want them or not. As for our personal beliefs/options on reproducing them...again our own personal choice.

It was a 'wanted ad' and endrin is well into his/hers personal projects. So let's just leave the endrin to it!

I am by no means looking for a fight or a major decussion on hybrids. Hey, that's a good one for the 'general chit chat' forum.

Have a good day everyone!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #17
Snakes Incorporated
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ@PJCReptiles View Post
...a good one for the 'general chit chat' forum...
Sure bring it on, next to "what do we think of pedophiles?"

Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #18
starsevol
Quote:
Sure bring it on, next to "what do we think of pedophiles?"
I hate hybrids too. Personally I see it as "ruining" perfectly good species.

But, wanna know what I hate more than hybrids?
Cohabbers, that's what!! You know, people who keep more than one snake in a cage, and mix species, say boas and corns and force them to live together.
In my eyes that is animal cruelty right there.....

Old 05-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #19
wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Cohabbers, that's what!! You know, people who keep more than one snake in a cage, and mix species, say boas and corns and force them to live together.
In my eyes that is animal cruelty right there.....
Why do you feel that way and is it based on anything other than the way you feel?

Old 05-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #20
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
Why do you feel that way and is it based on anything other than the way you feel?
1) Animals from different envirnments, in different countries, have different requirements that can't be correctly addressed in the same cage.

2) Snakes suffer stress when forced together. Stress can cause illness and eating disorders and can shorten lifespans. Snakes are not social animals. Humans (who are social animals) suffer stress when forced in close proximity with other humans who they don't like, why should a snake be subjected to that its whole life with no chance of escape?

3) Female snakes co habbed with male snakes are constantly harassed during the breeding season.

4) Due to a rack burning up, I had to co hab. I did not know about tubs and had no temporary housing. It took 3 weeks for my new rack to come in. In that amount of time my snake that I thought was a male became gravid, and became eggbound, and later died. Died as a consequence of being co habbed.

5) There is no benefit to the snake in co habbing. The only one who benefits is the keeper. Either you have the money, space and time to do what's best for your animals, or you are a poor keeper.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google