CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Lay Boxes

Old 03-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
carnivorouszoo
I have a couple of 13 inch long by 8 inch wide by 2.5 inch deep sterelite containers with these neat handle like locks on the ends, I put a hole about 2 inches across on each lid and fill it with lightly fluffed dampened moss. My girls seem to love these, a bit roomy but after they lay I switch out for solid lids and whalah incubators!

Old 03-17-2011, 02:40 AM   #12
K. Rene
Lol we put so much effort in providing a nice spot to lay and they push all the stuff out of the way, from the pics I have seen anyway (maybe so people can get pics they move the substrate?)

Here is a pic of what I have set up for my girl who just shed last night. Can't see or feel any eggs in her so I think we have a while yet. It's our first year, not sure what to expect. I gouged myself cutting that hole in the lid lol but it's worth it.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
carnivorouszoo
That is exactly what I have only mine are white/clearish and I used my wood burner to put the holes in the middle of the top, the girls seem to like it like that, I had a container for shed times with a hole at the side and all my snakes ignored it, put the hole in the middle and now they all use them Thanks for the pic K Rene, its an awesome setup you have!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #14
Naagas
Those are the same water dishes I have! Ha!

Thanks for the pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Rene View Post
Lol we put so much effort in providing a nice spot to lay and they push all the stuff out of the way, from the pics I have seen anyway (maybe so people can get pics they move the substrate?)

Here is a pic of what I have set up for my girl who just shed last night. Can't see or feel any eggs in her so I think we have a while yet. It's our first year, not sure what to expect. I gouged myself cutting that hole in the lid lol but it's worth it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google