CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

First Clutch Finally Pipping!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #71
Jynx
Awwww! How neat to see his babies I remember when he was just a wee tyke. Congrats Josh! They are beautiful! Glad to see he's passing on his nifty pattern. I am loving that funky little normal. His sister threw one like that in 2007. Turned out to look like a non-motley hurricane. Can't wait to see that one after it sheds.

You know... I'd hate to think it, but that guy may end up being homo anery. Anery instead of a Charcoal? I just don't know... I'm inclined to say no. A) He sure as heck doesn't look like an Anery. B) I'd like to think that John over at Suncoast can tell the difference. But that ratio... from a het to het? Seems fishy... Like there is something else at play here. Perhaps homo both?

I'm crossing my fingers that he turns out to be het for diffuse though. He looked almost identical to his sister, and she proved this year to be het diffuse. Hopefully those markers aren't there just to fool us.

Keep me posted!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 AM   #72
airenlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
You know... I'd hate to think it, but that guy may end up being homo anery. Anery instead of a Charcoal? I just don't know... I'm inclined to say no. A) He sure as heck doesn't look like an Anery. B) I'd like to think that John over at Suncoast can tell the difference. But that ratio... from a het to het? Seems fishy... Like there is something else at play here. Perhaps homo both?
I had typed this same thought out twice yesterday, but could never pull the trigger on posting it. Looking at the percentages, it does seem to indicate that he is homo Anery. It could just be funky odds though...the same reason why I haven't gotten any snows.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #73
PJ@PJCReptiles
I dont think I have ever seen a pair of corns, from different CS.com members, sold to one member, and then watch them reproduce! This is kinda like family hour on this thread!

Jynx is momma to Josh' male and I am momma to Josh's female. (by way of purchasing them as babies)

I can say without a doubt that Valerie is NOT het charcoal. She is definately het anery 100% as well as bloodred.

Cant wait to see them all!

Old 06-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #74
airenlow
Another Normal face was poking out this morning, along with a Snow. The "bloody bubble" egg looks like it has a Snow in it, but I think the little guy is having trouble getting out. I cut a few of the slits to make it a little easier for it to get out.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #75
BloodyBaroness
Yay Josh! Hope the little bubbly snake makes it out okay.

How many eggs to go?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #76
airenlow
10 are completely out, 3 are pipping and still no action from 4 others. The back of my incubator ran about 2* warmer, so those eggs hatched out much sooner.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #77
airenlow

Old 06-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #78
vetusvates
Oh, Jooossshhhh.....

Just daydreaming, but I had not thought about snow until someone mentioned it yesterday. But if snow is possible, then avalanche is, too.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #79
airenlow
You probably want pics of that belly, huh?

Old 06-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #80
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
Oh, Jooossshhhh.....

Just daydreaming, but I had not thought about snow until someone mentioned it yesterday. But if snow is possible, then avalanche is, too.
That's true! How had would it be to tell them apart? Look for a yeti on the avalanche?

-cough cough- belly pic of my snake, I licked it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google