CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

PLEASE sell me a good pet snake by Christmas!!

Old 11-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
wvphotogirl
PLEASE sell me a good pet snake by Christmas!!

I have written several people, posted wanted ads, etc. looking for a good, adult corn for my son's Christmas gift from Santa. I have been given leads to breeders, but nothing has transpired.

We don't want a baby. My son wants a "tiger looking" corn which I have been told is an Abbotts Okeetee (spelling?) or a pink cornsnake.

We need a nice, healthy, docile pet snake. We will provide it with a loving home. Sex doesn't matter.

We have about $50 to spend max. Not sure if this is unreasonable. Hopefully not.

Thanks!
Candice

Old 11-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
danielle
Have you went to local shows? $50 is what shipping costs for any snake of any size so getting a snake outside of your community may not work. However, I know there are many shows in your area and here in MD not far from you where $50 could definitely get you an adult normal corn or amel which can be pink.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
bitsy
You could also get a nice Snow for that sort of price and they can have lovely shades of pink.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
wendhend
I have a pretty adult female, who is very docile and looks like a tiger. I am offering her at a very low price due to my recommendation to keep her as "pet only" and not use her for breeding. Follow this link to see my ad:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho....php?t=106811:

Old 11-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
wvphotogirl
Thanks guys :)

Thanks for the tips. It will cost about $200 in gas to get to the closest reptile show. Maryland, pittsburgh, Ohio, etc are all about 5 plus hours away from me.

I HATE to buy from a petsmart which is the only local snake provider.

Wish me luck.

p.s. the snake link you sent was gorgeous, but he wants an okeetee or pink one instead of the striped.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
Nanci
Here's a 2007 Abbott's Okeetee female, for $80 shipped. Zorro (John) is an extremely reputable breeder, and friend. I have a bunch of snakes from John, and each one is wonderful. http://coloradocorns.com/products-page

Old 11-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #7
wvphotogirl
Gorgeous snake!!

I LOVE it. I am going to contact them in the next few days. Hoping we can swing the price. About $40 more than we had to spend. Maybe we can get a cheaper tank and spend more on the snake though.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
Candachan
Shipping by itself is going to cost you about $50. Try to get a used tank off of something like Craigslist.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #9
Nanci
Don't forget that you could own that snake for the next 15-20 years. What is $30 more for a guaranteed healthy, excellent quality snake?

Old 11-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
danielle
You can also use tupperware bins from Walmart or Target as cages...none of my snakes have a real cage,lol and they don't know the difference.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google