CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

First hook-ups for me!!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #71
chris68
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich333 View Post
question:

Ok, she is safely tucked away in her egg laying chamber (1 gallon size sherbert tub...Yum!). about 3-4 inches of Orchid moss...dampened..not wet...She has dug to the bottom...if she lays the eggs on the BOTTOM of the tub...will the eggs stick to the plastic tub??? i'm prepaired to cut them out with plastic still attached to the egg mass...if this happens....
Nope, they will not stick

Old 04-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #72
rich333
Ok, Great!! thats Good news...one less thing to worry about.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #73
rich333
Just checked on her.....her eyes have cleared. Oh boy..here we go!! Feels like being at top of a big roller coaster ride..ready to go down that first drop.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #74
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naagas View Post
Haha! What is with those bowls of boiling water?
It has been said that it was started to give panicking men something to do. That way their weren't in the room freaking out and asking "What can I do?" 100 times. I am not sure if that is true but it sounds good.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #75
Nanci
Well, if she hasn't shed yet, you still might have a week or two to go. I'd check her daily, though.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #76
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Well, if she hasn't shed yet, you still might have a week or two to go. I'd check her daily, though.
Nope,
hasn't shed yet. I'll Guesstimate she will shed on wednsday. She's Moved all the orchid moss to one side of the tub..creating a "Hole" almost to the bottom of the tub...in a more-or less head down position..the tail portion being more on topside of the tub/moss. Trying to get comfy I presume. Her belly area..from the vent up (toward head)to about 4-5 inches(possibly more) reminds one of an old cobblestone road when viewed from the side. Rather Lumpy shall we say.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #77
Naagas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalchow View Post
It has been said that it was started to give panicking men something to do. That way their weren't in the room freaking out and asking "What can I do?" 100 times. I am not sure if that is true but it sounds good.
I don't know if that is true, but I'm so gonna do that next time someone around me is freaking out!

Old 04-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #78
rich333
Just another Update.....Everything is "Clear" No milky appearence anywhere. From wht i can see(I'm not lifting her at this point!!) the first visible "Lump" is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches up from the vent. Also, i believe i'm developing an ulcer! no..seriously...had a perforated ulcer when i was 25yrs old, came within an hour(according to the doc.) of kicking it. I think i'll pick up some pepcid AC on the way home tomorrow!

So...Anyway...She's my only gravid girl this year. but next year...these are my options....Care to help make a good pairing for me?? i know most of them will produce Normals with hets. But the f2's shoul be Real Nice. anyway here they are:

Male:
Phantom het amel
Amel (unknown Hets)
Lava Het caramel

Female:
Lava het caramel
Butter Het Hypo
Ultramel Charcoal

this is assuming I dont purchase like 10 more snakes before then.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #79
carnivorouszoo
psst. . . breed the phantom het amel to the ultramel charcoal! I like the sound of that combo

Old 04-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #80
rich333
already did that! thats what I'm waiting on currently...She..the ultramel charcoal...is in the last days of her pre-lay shed...then come the eggs!!! expecting Charcoals,Ultramel charcoals, and Blizzards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
first time breeding