CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

snake egg roll

Old 03-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
dw662002
snake egg roll

no this is not an oriental recipe or anything. i understand that you are not to roll or turn a snake egg but what do you do when the snake laying them rolls them? i didnt want to remove the eggs until she was done but i checked on her and noticed the eggs were in a different location then before. i went on and took them and put them in the bator but i am not sure if they will make it .

Old 03-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
Nanci
They will be fine, if they were fertile to begin with. I can't lay my hands on the study at the moment, but experiments have been done with turning eggs at a prescribed interval and with mailing eggs around the country which showed that eggs can withstand a lot more rough treatment that we have historically been led to believe. You want to disturb the eggs as little as possible, just to be safe, and they are more likely to be harmed at the end of incubation rather than the beginning, but as long as you start them out in as close an approximation of how the female laid them as you can, and don't do anything drastic with them as they are incubating, you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
smallet
Orientation in the first 48 hrs isn't as critical as after that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google