CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Tessera pairings 2011...add some color :D

Old 03-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #11
StrangeCargo
Congrats on the hook-ups.

---------------------------------------
Not trying to hijack yoru thread, BUT people had been asking about the Tessera Stripe (did you get yours from Don Soderberg at South Mountain Reptiles)

Here's a pic of a Tessera Stripe I used to have... There's a handful of 'em out there... the stripe gene cleans up/erases the matrix looking pattern on the tessera's sides...

Old 03-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #12
The_Saiyajin
Hey Graham.
No problem.
I got mine from Don yes.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #13
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Saiyajin View Post
Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah I am 10000% sure.
We breed her last year to a Butter Motley male to find out about the het motley.
7 Golddusts 1 Golddust Motley 2 Butters and 1 Butter motley where the result.

She is definatly a golddust. But you are right, she is very dark for one.

Greetings
Chris

PS If you want, write something in our guestbook. We would appreciate it.
Thats awsome! Congrats I'm hoping to have that kinda luck this year with some of my projects. Please post tons of pictures when her babies hatch this season. I cannot wait to see the different varieties of Tessera.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #14
The_Saiyajin
Thank you very much Justin.
Also for your gb entry
I Promise, we will post many pictures and progression threats for you.
The male is atm trying to sire a snow striped. But she is 3 times bigger then him.
I hope, he isnt scared lol...

Old 03-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #15
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Saiyajin View Post
This male is a Tessera Striped.
So its a tessera which is also hom for the "regular" striped gen.
Greetings
Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
Congrats on the hook-ups.

---------------------------------------
Not trying to hijack yoru thread, BUT people had been asking about the Tessera Stripe (did you get yours from Don Soderberg at South Mountain Reptiles)

Here's a pic of a Tessera Stripe I used to have... There's a handful of 'em out there... the stripe gene cleans up/erases the matrix looking pattern on the tessera's sides...
Thank you! That does make sense that there would be some of these out there as tessera would have to have been test bred to stripes to verify that it was indeed a new gene, therefore creating a bunch of tesseras het stripe, which would then lead to tessera stripes. And great photos! The tessera stripes do look much "cleaner" on the sides, making the stripes stand out so much more, but I would be happy even with a "regular" tessera. I wonder if the addition of stripe would help reduce the craziness in the pattern of the Sunkissed tessera, or would it make it worse since Sunkissed stripes are more a series of dashes instead of stripes? My head hurts now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google