CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Hip hip horray! I finally got my first pip today!

Old 09-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #161
Hillybean
The computer has been messing up with the move to the new place, so haven't been able to get on.

I am glad that you have been able to place so many! I'll keep checking back, but at this rate, come October..I think they will be all placed .

Old 10-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #162
wildlifephotographer
Hey everyone! Not been on here for awhile. I've been super busy getting ready to start breeding next spring. I got most of my baby corns sold already. Out of 19, I had one die on me, one get away from me-never found it. I'm keeping 3 of them here permanently. And at the moment have 5 remaining. 2 that still won't eat. And 3 left that I need to find homes for. I've sold 9 of them, all which have nice new homes .
Next year I am planning on doing more breeding with all my adults. This is the pairing I plan on doing...I'm going to put Kasper -silver queen ghost male- with my Rose-normal female again. This is the ones that got me these babies this year. I also plan on putting my other normal Zoe with Kasper as well. And I will breed my oldest female Diamond -Anery with my male Bindi who is a Amelanistic. I'm so excited. I'm going to try to brumate them starting in the middle of November so around the 1st of Nov I'm going to feed the adults one last time and by the middle of November I will put their temps down so they can brumate for a couple of months at least. I'm very excited. I ordered more stuff online recently and have had it delievered. I have a new incubator, so now I will have two to use. And more deli cups and more incubation medium-lay box stuff. I won't be working in the spring because of going to college full time. I'll have 5 classes, instead of two like I have now. So, I'll be doing a lot of school work but won't have to do both school, work and breed my snakes all at once so that's going to be nice. I'm thinking on getting a small business grant to start my own snake breeding business. I'm still looking into all that but that is what I'm thinking on doing. I might clean out this middle bedroom sometime soon and make that my snake breeding room. So that is what has been going on with me. I also had my birthday recently so that was nice.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #163
Hillybean
What two won't eat..what have you tried? Have they ever ate?

What three do you still have left?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #164
wildlifephotographer
Hi, I have a hypo which is absolutely gorgeous, it was originally one that wasn't eating at all for me but it finally decided to eat for me and has continued to eat well since. I have one Amelanistic left who is also very prettily marked but a little aggressive sometimes. And one that is a absolutely gorgeously marked normal-that is not feisty but just very wiggly and quick moving. The two that won't eat are a ghost corn who hasn't eaten at all on its own since it hatched. I've been force feeding it adult mouse tails but it just won't eat by itself. And then I also have a Anery that was eating during the first month after it hatched but stopped eating so I just this morning went ahead and force fed it a adult mouse tail as well.

I've tried many different things to get them to eat.

F/t pinkies
Live pinkies
brained f/t pinks
feeding both live and f/t in smaller deli cup containers and leaving them in over night several times.
Scented pinks with fish oil, scented pinks with chicken boilioun cubes/broth
scented pinks with used gerbil/hamster bedding

I've just had no luck with the ghost corn, and the anery I don't understand why it went off eating but it did. It had been almost 40 days since the anery last ate-so I decided to force feed it this morning. I've force fed the ghost a few times. So at least they have something in their tummy's.

If yr still interested in one let me know.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #165
wildlifephotographer
Oh, I am so ecstatic, I finally got my baby ghost corn to eat for the very first time on it's own today. It had not eaten at all since it hatched at the end of July. I've tried so many different things and nothing was working. I finally got myself to go to the mall, and buy me a baby green anole lizard to try scenting the f/t pinks with, and it worked! The baby corn ate 2 f/t scented anole pinkie mice. I am so happy. Now though, I don't know what to do with the baby anole. My boyfriend's mom doesn't want me to feed it to the baby corn snakes, and she doesn't want me to kill it or let it go. I have not kept any lizards before, so i'm not sure what to feed it or what environment it needs to survive. She wants me to keep it. Although, I did just look up some care sheets for it, so I now know what to do for it to keep it alive. I don't know when i'm going to be able to get the cage/ and accessories for it and right now only am keeping it in a little container I kept some of the baby corn snakes in. I"m not sure what I'm going to do with it since i have not the money to spend getting everything for it that it needs. I'll just have to wait and let her know all the requirments it needs. She might change her mind about keeping it. Anyway, I had to share the great news about the baby ghost corn eating for the very first time on it's own since it hatched in July. Yeppeeee!

Old 11-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #166
beautifullywild77
Congrats on getting the lil ghost to eat!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #167
wildlifephotographer
Thank you! I was so happy it finally ate. I was getting pretty worried. Hope it continues to eat for me.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #168
wildlifephotographer
I'm going to be breeding sooner then spring so be expecting to see more egg photos and hatcling photos soon. I'm waiting for my two males to shed their skins, both should in the next couple of days and I will be putting them together with my females. I have everything set up and ready to go. I plan on breeding Rose and Kasper again, since I know pretty much what to expect from them.....amels, anery's, snows, ghosts, hypo's and normals. I will also be putting Kasper in with my other Normal female Zoe, who I think possibly is a sister of Rose, I got both from the same pet store and only a couple of months apart, and don't think it was from a different clutch. So they maybe related, if so that means I might possibly get some of the same results with Zoe and Kasper. Then I plan on putting my Anery female Diamond with my Amel male-Bindi and I don't know if they have any matching hets or not, if they don't I will probably just get normals but who know's until I try. So that is what I'm going to be doing here shortly. Just to keep everyone updated.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #169
Hillybean
Congrats!!!

I have some non-feeders, so I plan to get an anole this weekend.

I also can't wait to see what you produce! Again, congrats on the fedex certified!
I'm hoping they are all have hets for ya.

Are you going to try and become a contributing member?
I did it, just for the edit button, lol.

Oh, also do you have iherp?

You know I still don't have an established eating ghost..
Guess that means I will have to look forward to the babies!!

Old 11-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #170
wildlifephotographer
Yes, get a anole Hillary, it worked for one of my babies...so far just that one time but hopefully it will continue to eat. I ended up keeping the anole, as a pet lol...I could not feed it to the baby corn snake because it was and is still to cute. So last night I went and bought a second little anole to keep the first one a friend. I have a pretty nice set up for the both of them. To get the little ghost corn to eat I just used the anole to scent the f/t pinkie mice. And that was enough.
As far as my breeding plans go, I have successfully gotten my youngest male Kasper and my oldest girl Diamond to mate on 11-19-11 between 11:19 to 11:47pm. So I should be seeing some eggs from her in the next 30 or so days. I'm hoping she will do a better job this time then she did earlier this year when she laid 21 slugs. Ofcourse most of that was probably do to me and my nervousnous and excitement. My female Zoe and Kasper were introduced to one another as well last night but was not interested in each other at all.
Between Dec. 1 and 5th I am planning on trying to put Rose and Kasper back together to see what happens with them and try Zoe and my oldest boy Bindi. I will keep everyone updated on how things work out.
I do have a iherp account. I've been on iherp for 2 or 3 years now. I absolutely love keeping track of all my corn snakes on there. My name on there is Anjeanettecorns28. At the beginning of the year I might think about becoming a contributing member on here so I can post for sale ads for my baby corn snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google