CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

salmon snow male $250

Old 06-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
cornbreadandmilk
salmon snow male $250

looking for a nice young male salmon snow price range looking to spend about 250

Old 06-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
crackerhead
I believe I have what you are looking for but... Please define in terms of genetics what you are expecting. For example: Anery Amel Strawberry or Anery Amel Hypo or Anery Amel Strawberry and RedCoat/Red Factor(maybe, I say this because it hasn't been proven yet) or a very pink snow.

Terri

PS-Dave P. bought JMG's collection. He and SW Reptile, who originated the name, are the two people the use that nomenclature exclusively to describe their line. Dave P. would be a good place to search for good color stock.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
cornbreadandmilk
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerhead View Post
I believe I have what you are looking for but... Please define in terms of genetics what you are expecting. For example: Anery Amel Strawberry or Anery Amel Hypo or Anery Amel Strawberry and RedCoat/Red Factor(maybe, I say this because it hasn't been proven yet) or a very pink snow.

Terri

PS-Dave P. bought JMG's collection. He and SW Reptile, who originated the name, are the two people the use that nomenclature exclusively to describe their line. Dave P. would be a good place to search for good color stock.
Yeah I know Dave.i bought my female from jmg unfortunately I didn't get a stock number for her so I'm trying not to buy another from that particular line to reduce inbreeding. I define salmon snow as anery, amel, and strawberry. As far as red coat goes I do not put much stock in the idea of that gene. Thanks for your reply. What do you have for sale?

Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
crackerhead
I have three males that fit the bill. The oldest being a 4 year old proven male and the youngest being a yearling. I'll take pics tomorrow if you are interested. I will also have plenty of hatchlings to choose from as well.

Terri

Old 06-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #5
iculatr
I got all my Strawberry Aneries and Strawberry Snows from Terri and they are beautiful!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
cornbreadandmilk
thanks so much guys cant wait to see some pics looking for a yearling male. here is my female.

she is very very dark i love her so much i feel compelled to preserve her beauty

here is my male coral snow originally i believed them. but that was before i understood what a salmon was .here is my male coral snow this pics a little old and he has gotten pinker but he just has this real peach look to him.. quick genetic question if this gene is co-dominate then will i get a third morph from crossing the two?

Old 06-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #7
cornbreadandmilk
grr almost missed this photo

Old 06-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
chris68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbreadandmilk View Post
quick genetic question if this gene is co-dominate then will i get a third morph from crossing the two?
Not sure what gene you are talking about. The different lines of "coral" and/or "salmon" snows are being picked apart genetically to determine what makes them "coral" or "salmon", and it is pretty much a pain in the @ss. We are finding out it can be strawberry, it can be various different "red factors", linebreeding, combinations of these. Breed different lines like the OP wants to do hoping to get a clutch of "stunners" apparently can lead to heartbreak...Susan Willis crossed my Tequila Sunrise line snow to her JMG line coral ghost

could end up with a small clutch of blah, no pink whatsoever aneries...Photo's courtesy of Susan Willis, Willis Wildlife Enterprises :*)

Old 06-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #9
chris68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbreadandmilk View Post
quick genetic question if this gene is co-dominate then will i get a third morph from crossing the two?
Been thinking about this more, and I think I know what you mean. It goes along with something a friend was talking about. Maybe strawberry is just hypo A with some form of codominant "red factor" hitching a ride? Just a thought...

Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
dave partington
I have one or 2 male salmon snows which hatched in January of this year, presently taking fuzzys. I'll get some pics here in a little bit. They'll be het for coral ghost (not feeling like spelling all that out). Was going to list them later anyways, at $200. Will have a couple dozen salmon snows of wild-type pattern and stripe and vanishing stripe and assorted variants in-between later this year also with hets all over the place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google