CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Freaking out! My first snake laid an egg- she was a virgin as far as I know!

Old 07-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #71
Lyion
I really am trying to listen to everyone but people tell me to feed her the next day and when I try to people say I`m not listening to them. I don't know when I”m supposed to listen. I don't want her to die because of my dumb actions. It feels so hopeless. I don't want anything to happen to her.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #72
Nanci
I told you to feed her the next day if she was done laying. You can't really say the egg is retained until it hasn't moved for 24-48 hours. Since you're going to be gone, and then she'll be blue, it's okay to wait until she sheds for a meal. She is not going to die of starvation by missing the first post-lay meal.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #73
Lyion
Sorry. I`m just so stressed out. I don`t know how to see if she's done to feed her or get out the eggs without stressing her out.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #74
RobbiesCornField
If you leave her alone for more than 5 minutes, she'll be done quicker. I know, I know, that sounds harsh, but you really do need to leave her alone. Stop stressing. She'll be fine. And then you'll be fine. And then you'll think yourself silly for worrying so much about something animals have been doing for millions of years.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #75
Nanci
In two days when you get back it's okay to pick her up to look.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #76
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyion View Post
Sorry. I`m just so stressed out. I don`t know how to see if she's done to feed her or get out the eggs without stressing her out.
Lindsay, I know it is very stressful. And I know all the questions are not helping. Take a second and take a few deep breaths and find your center for a minute.......good....

I got my first snake in 1995 and my first corn snake in 1996. And when an issue comes up, I get so stressed I forget things that I KNEW before! Things I would have known cold when I was calm.

Yes, your girl is small and really this is not an ideal situation. But first things first...first she must be allowed to finish what she is doing. I know you want to check on her every minute, who can blame you, she's your baby!!! It is good you are going away for 2 days, even though I know she will be on your mind every second.
Hopefully when you get back she will be all done with no more eggs in her.

Then we can talk about getting some food into her.

Please try to stay calm til then.

If there is a problem, update us here.....
If there isn't a problem, please update us here.

And try to not go crazy for the next few days!

Old 07-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #77
bitsy
Quote:
get out the eggs without stressing her out.
The eggs aren't really the focus at the moment - your lass is. Leaving the eggs with her so that she isn't disturbed further, will be the best thing for her. You can worry about incubating eggs in a year or two when she's a safer size and you're better prepared.

Now go have a roadtrip - and try to relax for both your sakes!

Old 07-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #78
Lyion
Back! Should I check on the eggs?

Old 07-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #79
Lyion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyion View Post
Back! Should I check on the eggs?
So I don't get any confusion, I was referring to the eggs inside of Xia. There is only one egg I would check on.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #80
RobbiesCornField
That was a short road trip. It's been at least 24 hours, so yes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google