CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Photoshoot with a foxsnake

Old 06-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #11
HeavenHell
Does that lens have IS? If so you could either lower the ISO to get less noise or use a smaller f stop to gain a bit more depth of field. The photos look plenty sharp. f/8 to f/11 usually produces the sharpest photos.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #12
spyderk
It does have IS. It was overcast, so I used ISO 400 after seeing that 200 was a little dark. I generally don't have to go that high when I am outside, so I am thinking I was taking pictures too late in the day.

I wanted the snake to be in overall focus, but going any higher than f/8 seemed dark. Then again with the higher shutter speed, it's no wonder. I will lower that next time.

Next time! I love that there will be a next time since we have certain snakes that seem to hang around the house.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #13
HeavenHell
The only ones that might benefit from a bit more depth of field are #1 and #5 IMHO. #2 might actually benefit from a little less depth of field and #3 and #4 look great.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:29 PM   #14
spyderk
Thank you! I appreciate your feedback. I'll have to find a willing and slow subject (perhaps one of my boas) to work on these things.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #15
Sindrik8x
Spy, if you don't mind me asking, how much has this set up set you back? Are there other models of lesser value (but still quality driven) that do a good job, that you recommend?

Old 06-24-2014, 12:20 AM   #16
spyderk
I think new, the T3i with the kit lens is $599. Searching Ebay just now, I found a lot of good deals, seemingly better than what I paid for my camera, 3 lenses, and some extras. I had narrowed my search down to Nikon d3200 or the Canon T3i.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:37 AM   #17
Sindrik8x
Wow... little out of my league currently. A thought for future investment, haha. I'd have to likely stay in the range of 200 - 300 and get it as a Christmas type gift, lol.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:39 AM   #18
spyderk
Ask over in the photo forum! I know I browsed that before getting my camera.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:55 AM   #19
Sindrik8x
Definitely will. Thanks Spy. I appreciate all the info. I'll definitely be looking into those types later, just have to get finances in order, and first get snakey number tres! Haha.

More hobbies for me to look into... lordy.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:02 AM   #20
spyderk
What will snake #3 be?!

Yeah I could go crazy with photography stuff since I think it's so fun, but I am happy to have a great camera so I can take pics of kids and animals, both our own and in the wild.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google