CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Spiders, frogs, and toads, oh my!

Old 06-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
Alli_Draggy
Spiders, frogs, and toads, oh my!

We've found a lot of hoppy little guys lately. Things with scales seem fairly rare, but we're enjoying the anurans.

Anyone know what these little guys are?

Old 06-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
kc261
That spider looks extra creepy (and I don't even usually think spiders are creepy) and bumpy on the back end. I guess one of those that carries her babies on her? I can't quite see in the pic.

The frogs/toads are cute!

Old 06-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
Alli_Draggy
I'm thinking she's some sort of wolf spider with babies? The last time I saw a spider that big in the wild, it was a tarantula in TX. We get some pretty big orb spiders and daddy long-legs, but that was one HUGE spider.

We also have enough slugs and snails that I dearly hope there's a Dekay's or two enjoying the buffet.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
Shiari
It's a wolf spider with behbehs. And my brain immediately began gibbering because aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah wolf spiders fleeeeeeeeeeee!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google