CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

The Egg Watch Continues . . .

Old 07-16-2016, 06:24 AM   #71
axis1
# 14!!

When I went to check on him this morning, he was a little further out of his egg. Looks like a heifer compared to the rest!! he must've really took advantage of the yolk his mom provided. (One sad note, however, is that one of the remaining eggs - you can see it at the edge of the photo below - looked a little shriveled and shrunken this morning and when I just touched it, I noticed a huge patch of mold on the bottom and a tiny hole, which isn't good. Needless to say, that egg's a goner! I might post the pics of the inside to the Hell forum, haven't decided yet, as it DOES look like something from a Ridley Scott science fiction thriller!! NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH!!).

Old 07-16-2016, 08:18 AM   #72
DLena
Hey, Axis. Sorry I'm so late! Had LIFE happening. Congratulations on the little squiggles. They are amazing... Walking in a Winter Wonderland. You've done a great job.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #73
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Hey, Axis. Sorry I'm so late! Had LIFE happening. Congratulations on the little squiggles. They are amazing... Walking in a Winter Wonderland. You've done a great job.
DLena!! How ya been?

S'Ok, I understand it when LIFE happens, I've recently been busier than a priest at Boystown! They ARE a cute bunch of little squiggles. But duty calls and I have to leave them for a little while, as the Bipolar Express is soon on our way to a day full of skydiving adventure!! Hopefully, we will ALL make it back in one piece and I will see the rest of the eggs in the cooker popping open soon! Been a BUSY week for the noodles, as they began last Monday and have been pipping at the rate of 2-3 a day!!

Oh well, talk to ya later! It was good to SEE ya as I've been wondering where you been!!

Old 07-16-2016, 08:49 AM   #74
axis1
Only Thing That's Guaranteed is Landing!!

Wish me Luck!! (A prayer or two wouldn't hurt!!)

Old 07-16-2016, 09:23 AM   #75
DLena
Please tell me that's not real. It's okay to lie.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:58 AM   #76
axis1
Quote:
Please tell me that's not real. It's okay to lie.
Course it's REAL! It's an old pic, but we're not called the Bipolar Express for nothing!!!

Talk to ya later on!!! (Honestly though, that's not me in THESE pics, but just some guys messing around. But I can assure you, they're all real! Note the dude - "Greg" - in the last two pictures who jumped without actually WEARING his rig/chute!!) I'll send some pix as we do upcoming jumps but will have to open a new thread in another section so as to NOT turn this one into a skydiving snow thread!!

Old 07-16-2016, 10:06 AM   #77
DLena
Good Lord, Axis. Your wife is a special woman, no doubt about it! ...she doesn't jump, too, does she?

Old 07-16-2016, 10:49 AM   #78
axis1
Quote:
Good Lord, Axis. Your wife is a special woman, no doubt about it! ...she doesn't jump, too, does she?
Ahh, alas my doll doesn't jump, but she does tag along occasionally as these group jumps often become social occasions and oftentimes barbeques and parties that last until the wee hours. But today is just our group of jumpers and no accompanying friends or family.

Having a life partner who is somewhat of an opposite in what she likes to do has its pros & cons, but we always seem to find a middle ground. For instance, she loves Elvis & Marc Anthony and I love Led Zeppelin & Marilyn Manson, but we'll BOTH go to a Metallica or Guns N' Roses concert! She'll NEVER come with me to the Ozzfest with Disturbed as a headliner and I HATE most Broadway plays, but we BOTH love Shakespeare in Central Park during the summer AND Coney Island, which is about 10 minutes from where I live!

So, it's about balance, I guess!

Old 07-16-2016, 11:51 AM   #79
DollysMom
Lol, if I need pizza, I know who to call! Drop by anytime, Axis!

Old 07-17-2016, 01:11 AM   #80
axis1
Stalled after 14?

Hi Y'all! How ya been?

Made it back alive after yet another Saturday of jumping out of planes and otherwise having a ball with the maniacal guys & gals of the Bipolar Express, a low-key (YEAH, RIGHT!), jump club from all over who have abandoned their meds (most of us, anyway!) and other traditional western treatments in favor of adrenaline and endorphins to soothe and create a paradoxical, sensory overload-effect to jump-start and shock our chemically-overloaded brains in the quest to live an optimal, high quality lifestyle!!

When I finally arrived back in Brooklyn tonight, I eagerly checked the remaining few egg cylinders for a sign of any movement indicative of hatchling emergence. Sorry to say that I believe the last 2 have stalled - sadly, there WAS a third, but it looks as if it IMPLODED - the inward creases were so severe and the egg darkened to a shade that I doubt could have anything inside that could sustain a life of a little sneaky hatchling. So maybe the last two have to cook a little more? Don't know, but I am NOT complaining, as when I began this little journey watching Lilly and the others do their stuff, I remember having had a scare in which I thought I may wind up losing Lilly! Well, she's fine and just ate another (larger) mouse this morning and broke 300 grams on the scale prior to my trip and anything that I might have gotten besides her health & well-being happens to be a gift from God, as far as I'm concerned. So I am left (so far) with 13 snows & 1 amel stripe (with a small tail kink) - already considering "Kinky" as a possible name! - so I am one happy Geep from Brooklyn tonight!!

I will, of course, keep this thread alive and updated till the last of the eggs hatch - or not, but let's keep a positive outlook, no?

Hope to talk to you guys soon!

PS - a little inspirational quote our jump club has emblazoned on the backs of our T-Shirts: "20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google