CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

View Poll Results: Do Girls outnumber Boys?
I am Female and own Corn Snakes. Girls Rule! 217 48.01%
I am Male and own Corn Snakes. Boys Rule! 235 51.99%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Sex of Corn Snake Owners: Do Girls out number Boys.
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 08:10 PM   #21
PSYCOSNAKEMOM
I am a really a snake posed as a GIRL ~~~~~:~

Gee Gregg....Thats pretty cool that you're interested in the make-up of snake owners. I, for one hardly ever get the chance to talk about myself so Let me thank you for the opportunity.

I did have boas when I was a kiddo but when I went off to college I had to sell them. Corn snakes only came into my life a little over a year ago when my son pressed (not too hard) for a pet snake for his birthday. Since then he has gotten one more and I have gotten three. We now have a snake room in our home. He has his room, I have mine, and the snakes and fish have their own. Truely the dog and cats own the house.

I'm soon to be 50, I have one son 14 that lives at home with me and three other children that live all over the world. I have three degrees in education and administration and school psychology. I have been married several times but I'm too fussy, demanding and have high expectation. Not married any more!
I'm not happy with my weight. I'm 5'2", have long yellow brown hair down to my butt. I hike, bike, swim, love to camp and live where all this is in my back yard. I work out at the gym five times a week. I love funky t-shirts and jeans. lots of different kinds of music, not too crazy about rap. I love to swing dance and two step and try to get out dancing once a week.

I think politics is an opportunity for a few people to make a lot of money and feel that they have some power.

My religion is Druid Celtic lore and magic.

I don't eat red meat but I love most food. Pizza and beer is like heaven (hey! no wonder I don't like my weight!)

I have tatoos(one is a corn snake)

My friends mean the world to me. I value compassion, conversation and humor. Laughter has healed my soul many a time.

My snakes names are Merlin, and Beanie and Barbie.
I don't have a TV but I sneak around to watch the Yankees play. and try to get to as many games as possible.

I am a female...woman GIRL! Sam ~~~~~:~ Thanks for the interest in snake owner profiling......

Old 09-12-2002, 08:40 PM   #22
kenalotia
Guess I'll take my turn now... I'm 22, female, and a graduate of Cornell University with a B.A. in anthropology. (Always nice to meet another anthropologist!) Well, I'm not really an anthropologist... I didn't feel like getting the Ph.D. that is needed to really be an anthropologist. Since I decided to stay in Ithaca, at least for the time being, I am horribly under-employed. I've been temping for the last 6 months, mainly working as an Administrative Assistant. It's boring work, but there aren't a whole lot of jobs in Ithaca, and underemployment like mine is a real problem here.

Religion: I am culturally Jewish, but as far as actual beliefs go, I don't have any religion. There are some religions that I do find appealing (mainly Pagan religions, like Wicca), but I just can't get myself to believe in most of the stuff that religions say. I do have a sort of nature-based spirituality, though.

Politics: left-wing liberal. Environmentalist. Can't stand the fact that our administration rejected the Kyoto Accord, as if the well-being of a few corporations is more important than the well-being of the whole world. Hate the breach of civil liberties and varioius of the 10 amendments being broken by the current administration in response to recent terrorism. (Basically, I strongly disagree with some parts of the US PATRIOT act.) But enough about politics, I can get myself into trouble there... See this article if you want to know more about what I'm talking about here.

I'm 5'6", and about 140 lbs. I think. Brown hair that's cut in a bob. In addition to corn snakes, I also have a very charming and handsome green iguana and a boyfriend living with me. Actually, I also share my house with two other guys in addition to my boyfriend (but not my room, there's just the 5 of us in there: me, my boyfriend, my ig, and two snakes). I started keeping herps when I was a kid, with a red-eared slider and some cute little African frogs. I also like mammals a lot, too. Dogs, cats, horses, etc.

Okay, I think I'm tired of talking about myself now. Next?

Old 09-12-2002, 09:21 PM   #23
Gregg
Thumbs up WOW! Psycosnakemom!

I never had a reason to go to New England until now. You sound like a babe!

(Not that I'm looking, but hey?)

If you ever come out this way, let me know. I'll show you around and we can get some pizza and beer.

Stay cool.

Old 09-14-2002, 07:59 AM   #24
PSYCOSNAKEMOM
Why Thank You Gregg ~~~~~~~~:~

Flirting is a valuable social skill that not everyone can pull off with your finesse. Thank you for the compliment.
A truely good reason to come east are some of the herp shows. I understand that Maryland puts on one of the best and I hope to get there next year. Plus several of "us" members have threatened to camp on Rich's front lawn.
Uhmmm I forgot, I do get out to San Diego about once a year, 5'7", hippie type............ah, oh yes....married. Bless you. Sam~~~~~~~~:~

Old 09-14-2002, 02:10 PM   #25
Gregg
Thumbs up Re: Why Thank You Gregg ~~~~~~~~:~

Quote:
Originally posted by PSYCOSNAKEMOM
Flirting is a valuable social skill that not everyone can pull off with your finesse. Thank you for the compliment.
You're certainly welcome, M'Lady. I believe, in order for flirting to be effective, it must be a honest compliment, given with absolute sincerity, within the framework of agreed knowledge that little, if anything, will ever come from it.

Being a good ol' Sourthern Boy who was raised in the woods and fed grits, gravy, turnip greens, squirrels, catfish, and corn bread, I have found that my type of flirting has offended more Californians since I've moved here than imaginable. It's good to know it was well received.

Also: you have a person here who likes snakes and has a house full in his living-room!, along with a rabbit! He worships Nature and howls at the Moon. He spends all his time in the back yard messin' with his trees, sometimes, with a snake wrapped around his neck, mumbling stuff to himself in Scottish Gaelic. My wife says I need to get out more and make friends, but most of the people here in California befriend you for what you've got and not for who you are. I 'd rather be without. So, meeting a kindred spirit who shares a lot of the same things makes it easy for me to say, "Howdy, you good lookin' thang!."

Take care.

(I guess I'd better get back to corn snakes now. I apologize, Rich, it was and is not my intention to turn this into a personal's page.)

Kenalotia: When I was in undergraduate school, I was encouraged by all my professors to pursue my dreams of being an Historical Archaeologist. So, I spent all my inheritance money and took out student loans, and worked full-time until I got my MA. in Folklore and Mythology. I thought having a background in Folklore would make me more "marketable" in the field of Historical Archaeology. HAW! Anyway, I didn't want to get my Pile it Higher and Deeper either. Those who were getting theirs seemed unlikable to me. Nevertheless, I worked 10 years as an Archaeologist. Three of those years included working as a Folklore collector in regards to historic sites. Then, Federal budget cuts sent me looking for other employment.

Now, I do Japanese garden landscaping and create and maintain bonsai for myself and others (something I have done since 1973 as a side interest). I also make a little cash, now and then, playing drums. My suggestion: go for what feels right. You only have a short time here (during any given life-form), so you've got to gust for all the grabbo you can get.

One good way to entertain yourself is to spend all your money on corn snakes and watch your friends and relatives go screamin' off in every direction when you bring one out. What a hoot! I never get tired of that one.

Old 09-14-2002, 03:57 PM   #26
Neil
You speak Scottish Gaelic? I'm impressed!! I've been trying to learn a bit as only 6 000 people still speak it in Scotland and I think that's a little sad . However, it's a very hard language to learn.

Old 09-14-2002, 08:11 PM   #27
Gregg
Neil,

you're right. It is a difficult language to learn. It's even more difficult to stay in shape with no one with whom to speak it. I passed my "O"Level exam back in 1985, barely, and have been trying to keep myself fresh ever since then. There is a study group here in the Bay Area, but they are a difficult drive away and membership costs $75.00 (48.3640 GBP) for every 8 weeks. Until I can get motivated to go that route, I'll continue to buy tapes, videos, and study books at the annual gathering of the clans. Occasionally, I'll say something to my son in Gaidhlig, but he'll say, "Dad, Say it in English," Or, "What does that mean?"

Until next time, Mar sin leat, an drasda. "Bye, for now"

Oh, another thing: You might know this already, but there's a British slang term that is borrowed from the Gaidhlig. Ever hear the phrase Smashing?

In the Gaidhlig, it's written 'S math sin, Or Is math sin.
It means: "It is good that" (literal translation), Or simply, "That is good," Or, "That's good." Cool, huh?

Old 09-14-2002, 08:41 PM   #28
silverphoenix09
haha

[size=1][font=arial][color=orangered][b]wow... well, i feel REALLY young compared to all of you. Haha physical features I guess:
Eyes: Light Grey Blue Hair: Light brown w/ blonde highlights Height: 5'9'' Weight: 127 lbs

Haha I guess I'm a lot taller than a lot of you too.. even though Im only 13. Oh yeah, I am also getting a creamsicle/normal, Im not quite sure which corn snake from my science teacher this week. So I thought y'all would want to know.

*[..amy..]*

Old 09-15-2002, 07:17 AM   #29
Neil
Hehe 'smashing'. I say it quite a lot actually but never knew that .

Old 09-16-2002, 09:25 AM   #30
Brig
Thumbs up What a revelation...!!!

Wow, Gregg, thanks for starting all this. I've learned a lot (I never knew where 'smashing' came from, but I use it all the time!

This has also restored some of my faith in humankind, which I needed as I've been going through a serious lull recently.

I'm amazed that so many of you US peeps are concerned for the environment. I was not bothered before, didn't recycle, etc, but I went to Florida recently, and was so depressed at the sheer wastage and lack of respect for the environment generally, that it hit home that it doesn't matter what most of the rest of the world does for the environment while-ever there is this giant doing what it does without regard for the impact. Thank you all for caring.

So, there was my rant, everything else about me is definitely fence-sitting.

I don't care about religion (although I do not mean any disrespect for others and their beliefs).
I live my life my way - I never consciously hurt another animal or person (I even rescue flies from my drink, if they are still alive!), and I try to live everyday to its fullest (and get frustrated when I don't feel I have done).

I don't care about politics. Actually, like some others have said, I don't actually understand politics, and I find it impossible to relate any of it to my own life.

I am a qualified engineer (only girl on my course!), but I now work as consultant in the medical devices and pharmaceuticals industry.

I am shamelessly capitalist, trying to make as much money as possible now, in order to eventually fund the hippy recluse lifestyle I crave (but in some comfort), and having the means to help others (most likely animals, rather than people). The vast gulf between the ‘haves’ and the ‘have-nots’ does disturb me deeply, though.

Interests other than my cornsnakes (obviously), I’m another car enthusiast, like Katie, with a 1968 Ford Mustang (rare in the UK, though I guess nothing special to you US people), and a Westfield racing car (small, English kit car type thing) which we race in hill-climbs and sprints, I used to race a mountain bike tandem with my fiance, until a lung problem stopped me. I now train in Shukokai Karate (OK, so I do hurt people sometimes, but they do get to hit back!), I’m fascinated by the Eastern philosophies, but am extremely lacking in knowledge. I love my garden, and the amazing countryside we have close by (I hug trees, especially oaks). We go rock climbing, snowboarding, have been know to do Trapeze (static, not flying, yet!), travelling (anywhere and everywhere), reading (anything and everything), and generally good at rambling on about myself….

Oh, yes, 5'3", skinny, very long brown hair, business suit by day, flowing velvet by night, and virtually any sort of music you care to play is fine by me - classical to thrash metal.

OK, I’ll shut up now!

Brig.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread