CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

View Poll Results: Do Girls outnumber Boys?
I am Female and own Corn Snakes. Girls Rule! 217 48.01%
I am Male and own Corn Snakes. Boys Rule! 235 51.99%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Sex of Corn Snake Owners: Do Girls out number Boys.
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #51
nigel the corn snake
i am a boy and do not yet know the sex of my snake but will soon find out( fingers crossed for a boy )

Old 03-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #52
plasticknives
hey, old or not, it was a fun read!

I'm going to contribute to this ancient thread:

I'm an 18 year old university student, doing a varied basis of courses, thinking to go into education. Not sure yet, however.
I'm 5'5, 130lbs and female.

I guess I used to belong to the hipster/indie/scene subculture, but I found it was all about posturing and status, and wasn't enough about the music, so I stopped hanging out with that group. I'm generally a "categories are pointless" kind of person now. I wear whatever I feel is most comfortable and I feel most confident in, and I don't put much stock in social cliques.

Work- I'm currently working as a part time lifeguard /swim instructor, and an on-call substitute preschool teacher. I love kids. and water.

Religion- I don't really like organized religion. I think it causes more problems than it solves.
I believe that everyone should be able to find their own independent way to happiness and spirituality and have the freedom to be able to shape and change their views as they learn more about our world. If I had to pick a religion, it'd be Taoism.
It's more of a spiritual philosophy, and It's open to interpretation however I feel like interpreting it, which I like. I am a happy person. I feel content in everything I do, and I think this is the most important thing in life, finding a place in yourself where you are content with how you are, no matter what your situation is.
I believe that there are things that can't be explained by science, but I also believe that the level of our studies is nothing compared to the complexity of life, so we have a ways to go yet. I'm open minded, but not so open minded that my brain falls out, as my grandmother liked to put it.

Politics- I guess I'd be a Liberal. The conservatives scare me, because I feel they're trying to turn Canada into the US's sidekick. Which doesn't really make me very happy.
I don't mind being friendly neighbours with Americans, but I don't share Bush's views on anything, and I dislike the fact that so much of our national identity is wrapped up in the states' identity. I liked being a sort of middle ground between the US and Europe, and I'd like it to stay more like that.

The NDP appeals to me in their platforms, but since the fast ferries issue in BC, I get the feeling that they are kind of wishy-washy and don't trust them to follow through or what they promise.

Currently, I have a snake as my only pet.

I miss my family's dog a lot when she isn't around, so no doubt I'll have a dog when I get the space and time for one. I also love birds, and have been researching birds for a good portion of my life.
I haven't decided yet if I would be able to handle a small parrot such as a pionus or if i'd rather go with something like a dove, but I'd like a bird later in life as well.

Right now I'm in a long term relationship with a boy I love more than anything, and who I'm moving in with next year. I keep telling myself to take a step back and slow down because I'm still so young and who knows, but then again, If i'm lucky enough to have met someone special now, then why not let it be?

Right now I have a place on campus in an apartment with four roommates, but I spend all my time at my boyfriends place with him and his roommate, who also happens to be my best friend of almost 9 years's boyfriend. (My best friend and I introduced them) It's a little convoluted, but it works okay for now.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:37 PM   #53
snakemom1961
Oh, Thanks Dean that must be how it got to the top. lol

Old 03-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #54
Chris Olson
In my years breeding snakes, I have never sold a boa constrictor to a girl (that I can recall), and I seldom sell corn snakes to guys. The are a lot of girls in the corn hobby compared to other reptile sub-cultures. At least, that has been my experience....Infact, last year all in all, I sold about 300 corns.....about 200 on line and 100 or so at Daytona. Daytona aside, I only sold corns to about 20 guys. I realize the poll results don't support my numbers but maybe the ladies just dig my corns.....

Chris

Old 03-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #55
plasticknives
My experience reflects that too-
I've only met about 4 cornsnake owners in person, but all of them were girls?

Old 03-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #56
Emanon
Boy Represent!!!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #57
TandJ
What about joint ventures? Me and Jen... T and J are both male and female ( Well Duh.. ) Seems to me, most of the clinets have been female, but this could soon change.. Who knows, I am not into tracking that sort of thing...

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #58
Jordan G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
Well my personal theory is that alot of computer geeks are also reptile lovers (corns or other).
You caught me! Im a boy 13 years old and I own a cornsnake. (Would get more but at 13, well its hard to afford alot, and the space problem )

Old 03-22-2007, 08:14 AM   #59
alysha101
The Girls are doing better than I thought we would!!!!!! GIRLS RULE!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #60
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by alysha101
The Girls are doing better than I thought we would!!!!!! GIRLS RULE!!!
WELL DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regardless of what guys tell you, WE will always RULE!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread