CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Joe Pierce -- BAD GUY

Old 10-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #31
Candachan
Joe totally lost me with all the misogynistic whining, I was hoping for an adult conversation.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:14 PM   #32
ghosthousecorns
I was completely neutral on this as I have never met or done business with either party, but the estrogen remarks have kind of tipped the scale for me. As a woman I found those completely offensive and uncalled for no matter what the situation was and I doubt if I'm the only one.
This is a great example of why people should read posts they have written in the heat of anger before they hit that submit button.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #33
Snakexperience
After being driven to let everybody know the WHOLE story, i think Joe has every right to say the things he's said.
Everybody in his situation would have been pissed and since it has allready been made public, it's quite logical that his feelings went public too.

Arjan

Old 10-14-2006, 04:56 PM   #34
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakexperience
After being driven to let everybody know the WHOLE story, i think Joe has every right to say the things he's said.
Everybody in his situation would have been pissed and since it has allready been made public, it's quite logical that his feelings went public too.
"Dale is not a bad guy for pointing out Joe's inappropriate, if not incorrect, reason for Kat's desire for a response. Arjan, however, is an idiot and moron whose opinion should be disregarded, and everything I've heard about him is true. The difference between Dale and Arjan is that Arjan was charged up with the out-of-balance testosterone level of someone in his 20s. Dale should not have to deal with this from someone who is not his boy."

Do you get it now?

regards,
jazz

Old 10-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #35
Roy Munson
Kat publicly called Joe a bad guy, and Joe publicly called Kat a.hormonally imbalanced woman. Is Kat saying that all guys are bad? Is Joe saying that all women are hormonally imbalanced? I understand that the stereotype of the hysterical, hormonally-frenzied woman is not one that women appreciate, but I doubt that Joe is really a misogynist. Let she who has never made a gender-stereotypical remark about males cast the first stone. I'm not defending the remarks, but c'mon. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "Oh you men are all alike" from a woman, I'd buy myself a few hypo-lav-bloods and a pair of pied-sideds.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:59 PM   #36
mike17l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakexperience

Arjan
I am going to have to agree.

Old 10-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #37
diamondlil
Totally lost here, I have re-read but still can't tell who owes who what money etc. I think both could rise above their hormonal drives and sort it out between them though, in private.

Old 10-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #38
cornmorphs
wow, i actually read all that.
well i will input as i will have been involved in this.
i was one of the people joe shipped to at hamm.
i may have bugged joe a little too, and i now understand why he took alittle longer to answer than i wanted, but i didnt moan really.
all in all, i didnt get exactly the order i asked for, but joe did more than comensate me, and i will definately be ordering from him for this coming hamm just as soon as i know the list he has available (when you're ready joe, no rush).
i did feel alittle let down at first, but with the compensastion i was really more than happy with what i received, i got a lot of morphs that were not here at that time, or very few were.
personally i will be happy to deal with joe again and hamm cant come quick enough for me...
thanks joe, for all your help, and i most definately look forward to dealing with you soon.. as do all the people who were in on the order we did..
Nigel

Old 10-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #39
zwyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek
Am I the only one thinks his response is out of line?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shed'n my skin
the estrogen remarks have kind of tipped the scale for me. As a woman I found those completely offensive and uncalled for no matter what the situation...
To be honest, I found them offensive and uncalled for and I'm not a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
Kat publicly called Joe a bad guy, and Joe publicly called Kat a.hormonally imbalanced woman. Is Kat saying that all guys are bad? Is Joe saying that all women are hormonally imbalanced? I understand that the stereotype of the hysterical, hormonally-frenzied woman is not one that women appreciate, but I doubt that Joe is really a misogynist. Let she who has never made a gender-stereotypical remark about males cast the first stone. I'm not defending the remarks, but c'mon. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "Oh you men are all alike" from a woman, I'd buy myself a few hypo-lav-bloods and a pair of pied-sideds.
I can't completely disagree with you, but his comments were still tasteless and offensive. Regardless of whether he was making sweeping generalizations or not, it was out of line. I had a high school teacher who once told us that no matter what you never attack a person in an arguement. You attack their arguement (the facts, their stance, etc), but you never make it a personal attack. At that point, it's no longer a debate or an arguement. If someone can do is attack the other person, then they obviously don't feel very secure about their side of the story.
If personal attacks are the kind of thing you resort to, it paints much more of a picture of you than anybody ever could by calling you a "bad guy" just because one breeding loan went south.

I don't care what Joe was charged with his response has left a sour taste in my mouth. If he could have refrained from all of the personal attacks and passive aggressive remarks, he might have come out of this unscathed. But given his remarks, I think he did more damage to his own reputation than Kat could have ever intentionally or unintentionally done.

He claims that he has so dutifully handled past problems and done everything in his power to make those situations right, but he completely loses his mind and makes such rude comments after Kat makes one thread trying to clear the situation up (even if it was a confrontational approach)?

Old 10-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #40
cornmorphs
i would think most of it was written whilst angry.. i have done it a million times.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google