• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

This year or wait?

Still waiting, She's been cruising in and out of the lay box, the incubator's temp is stabilised now, the suspense is killing me

AHEM....Janine............Well? Where are they? PJ and I have read this mega thread from beginning to end in hopes that we would see the eggs. The closer we got to the last post the more anxious PJ was getting and then.......... nothing. :shrugs: PJ was like wheres the eggs?..lol. Can't wait to see the pictures. Good luck Janine.
Jay & PJ :cool:

I'm at work on night-shift again, and hoping I'll see eggs instead of a fat, grumpy snake! Pearl just isn't listening to the pep-talks at all. I offered her a nice wriggly peach fuzz but she wasn't interested. So the waiting continues.....

No eggs yet, but Pearl's spine looks more prominent, so surely it can't be too long now............one of the mice has cheered me up with a nice litter of @ twelve pinkies

Sounds like when i was waiting for mine and my friend that is still waiting for his butter to lay. It's like boiling water, if you watch it it take ages, but it seems impossible not to. lol. I'm sure it will be soon, good luck.

I'll letyou know straight away, Dave, you'll probablly hear me cheering form where you live anyway :grin01:

Not long before you hear me bellowing out loud as well my friend, hehe. Shouldn't be long for the wee anery's eggs to pip, getting little clear patches on them now and due any day.

Tula_Montage said:
*sigh* yes... But I don't want to push them. Lacey is over 300 grams but I am not happy with her shape. I don't trust the 300 gram rule. She is dwarfed by 600 gram Panther, and doesn't have his sort of muscle tone. I would be happy to breed a female in his shape. Sadly I sold my proven sunglow mot female so I wont have corn eggs till next year. But I'm planning on a rather special pairing for her... Maybe involving a stud of a blood with hets :grin01: I can wait for that.
i never have gone by that.
i have bred from 250 and 2 years. i will never breed under 2 years, but as long as the snake has good muscle tone then thats fine for me...
i obviously do wait generally, but i take no notice of that 'rule'

I was away for the last 2 days, so of course Pearl has started laying! Here's a picture of her before I left, and so far the slug and the good egg she's produced

Attachments

• 12a.JPG
    12a.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 13a.JPG
    13a.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 100
Good stuff, you takin them out to avoid them sticking together for incubating or just nabbed them out while she wasnt looking?
Congrats and good luck for many more.

Well, 1 good egg so far! I'm surprised you didn't hear my bellows of delight as soon as my son 'phoned me!(was in Brum, leaving him with responsability for the mum-to-be)

UKCryptid said:
Good stuff, you takin them out to avoid them sticking together for incubating or just nabbed them out while she wasnt looking?
Congrats and good luck for many more.
I was away so my son George put them in. I know I'll have to chuck the slug, but right now I'm all dewy-eyed and sentimental!

lol, understandable my friend! Give her a night to settle and hopefully the rest will follow shortly.

Great job Janine! She looks really plumpy so that should be a good sized clutch. Keep us posted on the upcoming eggs. :cheers:
Jay :cool:

I checked her when I took the picture, and I could feel 12 lumps, so there should be 10 more eggs to come.

Home from work, and 1 more perfect egg. Pearl is fine so I'll leave her alone and see what happens

Back