CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

SHOW ME YOUR VIV'S

Old 11-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #21
JustineNYC
My set ups are pretty standard.....And of course, even though its feeding day, only my Amel is out.

Chloe (ghost)

Sadler (abbott okeetee)

Tula (butter)

And Suri (Amel)

Im looking to re-do everyones viv soon, with backgrounds and different stuff, but Sadler is getting too big for his enclosure, even though he never comes out, so within the next few weeks Im going to transfer him into a 20 long and then re do everyone.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #22
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Dave View Post
Just out of interest, are those plants the Exo-Terra ones? Also, where did you get that log from, it looks fantastic.

All the best

David
Thanks, David! Not sure who makes the plants, all petshops here have them. They are silk with suction cups. The log is from Petsmart. Lily's viv has the same one, it's just buried in vines. It's nice for hatchlings because it doesn't have any little holes they can get into (from manufacturing). The bigger log in Lila's viv had a hatchling-sized hole in the bottom that had to be sealed with silicone. People here have lost snakes inside plastic logs.

Nanci

Old 11-30-2007, 07:32 PM   #23
Silvergrin
Nanci: I love the vivs! The white ones, did you buy them or make them? How/where?

Old 11-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #24
Nanci
The white cages are from Jungle Plastics Habitats. They are custom because I had Alan add in two side windows for more light. (So glad I did).

They are heated with regular UTHs aluminum taped to the bottoms. They have extra-large vents in the back, as well as ventilation around the door.

I'm truthfully not sure how much I like this style. The acryllic windows scratch very easily, and it's hard to get a reluctant snake out without removing everything, and it is hard to reach inside for heavy things. But they are beautiful to look at. They also retain heat very well- not a plus in Florida in the summer with a sucky AC. I bought them with fluorescent lights, but even fluorescents heat them up too much to ever have the lights on. But, they are 24x24, so a generous size. And stackable, which is cool.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:00 PM   #25
susang
This is Oz my male amel a year ago in his 40 gal viv. He has grown so much in the past year he is at 900 grams and 5' this year.
I lost all my old pics except four because of computer crash, this thread is motivating me to take more. susang

Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 PM   #26
Nanci
That's a happy looking snake, Susan. I wish I had 40's for everyone. My computer was acting psycho when I got home yesterday. When it started behaving itself, I took that opportunity to back up all my pics.

Nanci

Old 11-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #27
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
That's a happy looking snake, Susan. I wish I had 40's for everyone. My computer was acting psycho when I got home yesterday. When it started behaving itself, I took that opportunity to back up all my pics.

Nanci
Me too, but since at least 50% of all wall space is taken up by snakes or rodents, I don't think that will happen soon. This guy isn't in that viv anymore he is in a 20L, because I have a female close to his size who is very active. All need is about two more rooms and they would all be in 40's.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #28
Silt
My biggest adult female (which was also my very first corn) has the below enclosure. It's about four feet long and 79 gallons.

My two yearling and other two adults live in the below four unit cornsnake "apartment". My dad and I built it last year as my Christmas present. It cost under $200 to build and is made mainly of melamine. Each viv is approximately 40 gallons.

My hatchling hypo lav and butter mot are currently being housed in a melamine rack. There's 11 shelves with four Sterlite containers on each shelf. The containers are 6 quarts... definately large enough for hatchlings! Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of this at the moment.

Lisa

Old 11-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #29
debb
Here is Timbers home:

Old 12-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #30
JustineNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustineNYC View Post

Im looking to re-do everyones viv soon, with backgrounds and different stuff, but Sadler is getting too big for his enclosure, even though he never comes out, so within the next few weeks Im going to transfer him into a 20 long and then re do everyone.

I set up the 20 long today and decided to move my yearling into it, thats the Ghost. Shes around 120 grams, and Sadler is only about 60. So I moved Sadler into the 20 regular, and Chloe into the 20 long. Hes an 07 but I wanted to get him out of that 10 gallon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google