CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Female amel stripe/het; feeding, healthy, and HANDLED!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
hiddenhollowherp
Female amel stripe/het; feeding, healthy, and HANDLED!

I'm looking for a female amel, any age, who is striped or het for striped. I'm not a snake charmer, so it'd be real nice if she didn't view me as a large, furless snack. It is essential that this snake has been held without biting, and not just kept in a bin like a child's toy. If she is a hatchling, I am not so concerned. It's those teeth that break skin, you know.

I do handle my snakes daily, because I got into them because they make awesome pets, not because I want something to fill up my kitchen cupboards.

I'd prefer this gal to be vibrantly colored, like a sunglow, but I haven't got alot to spend, so I can't be picky. :P

Incase anyone is wondering, I'm going to play around a whole lot with amels, charcoals, and snows.. I love red and white snakes!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenhollowherp View Post
I'm looking for a female amel, any age, who is striped or het for striped. I'm not a snake charmer, so it'd be real nice if she didn't view me as a large, furless snack. It is essential that this snake has been held without biting, and not just kept in a bin like a child's toy. If she is a hatchling, I am not so concerned. It's those teeth that break skin, you know.

I do handle my snakes daily, because I got into them because they make awesome pets, not because I want something to fill up my kitchen cupboards.

I'd prefer this gal to be vibrantly colored, like a sunglow, but I haven't got alot to spend, so I can't be picky. :P

Incase anyone is wondering, I'm going to play around a whole lot with amels, charcoals, and snows.. I love red and white snakes!
The part I put in bold seems to come across as a sarcastic and insulting tone. I could sell you a snake today that has never so much as attempted to bite me, but you go to handle it and it bites you every time. There are no guarantees about snakes not biting. Besides, adult corns teeth are large enough to actually hurt any way. Most they do is scratch open the surface skin. As far as the "keep in a bin like a child toy", that's insulting to many people on this forum. MANY of us serious breeders keep our snakes in bins. I have over 100 snakes and it would be impossible, room and financially wise, to keep them in glass tanks.

Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
hiddenhollowherp
Don't spam my thread, please. It's here so I can find a new snake, not for your amusement.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
Saffleur
She was being honest and the forum is a public venue...as long as it's on topic and not against the sites rules freedom of speech still reigns...

Old 12-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
hiddenhollowherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffleur View Post
...as long as it's on topic and not against the sites rules freedom of speech still reigns...
Well, if that's true, then I have the freedom of speech to choose not to support breeders who treat their snakes like household decorations in the form of making it known that I won't purchase such animals.

It's a living creature. Not a money factory. If you're going to use it to make money, atleast give it some care..

Old 12-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Saffleur
Then don't. This isn't the PETA or a place for you to use as a soapbox.

Simply put, if you don't like the offer, decline and move on. Don't pour gasoline on things.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
TandJ
Beck was spaming? I think that needs a dictionary view on what spam precisly is.. However, your reply is likely not to be recived overly friendly as a new poster to the forum.. hate to say it, but the obvious was being pointed out.. Your going to get bit at some point.. Nothing rude or amusing about that in her post, just the facts about getting bit. Nothing like starting out on the wrong foot, but I am sure you will soon realize this is very useful place with a lot of information being shared back and forth, no need to get the panties wadded up yet..

Good luck on your search!

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 12-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
ziggybond_007
Most, if not all, of the corns kept by breeders get fantastic care. I've gotten two of my snakes from a breeder, and they are the best little feeders and have awesome attitudes. If you won't support breeders that make sure their snakes are in tip top condition, then go to the petstore.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #9
midnightgallop
Quote:
Well, if that's true, then I have the freedom of speech to choose not to support breeders who treat their snakes like household decorations in the form of making it known that I won't purchase such animals.

It's a living creature. Not a money factory. If you're going to use it to make money, atleast give it some care..
You're taking your own thread off topic...also it's not a good idea to bash breeders after you have just requested to buy a snake that will most likely be from a breeder. Good job!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #10
bekers71
Quote:

You have made all of 6 post and are a new member and every post you have made is rude. Not a good way to start out. This last statement is an insult to even the biggest of breeders, Kathy Love, SMR and even the owner of this site Rich Z. How do you think most people raise and breed snakes? Are you saying all people that raise snakes in racks don't give good care?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
amelanistic, cornsnake