CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #31
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustineNYC View Post
Told her she needed to move because "the snakes would smell the baby's milk" and make their way down to her apartment.
You know, garter snakes have been known to eat 9 pound babies as well.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #32
Jodi In Michigan
Idiot: "Does she poop?"
Me: "Yes"
Idiot: "Really?"
Me: " Anything that eats, poops."
Idiot: "Oh"

Jodi

Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #33
v_various
My mom, when she heard I got a corn, warned me against getting pythons and boas (lol at killer sand boa). But she isn't a snake person, so we'll forgive her.

Pet store employee (not the snake guy) showing me the ghost stripe corn, when I suggested he google 'bairds rat snake' he said "look, it even has orange between the scales". Another morph mishap was the lady who told me it was normal for candy cane corns to have orange ground colour. A different lady told me her miami + sunglow paring created miamis. That was before I knew better though.

I also met a little girl who was TERRIFIED of the male sand boa. I couldn't figure out why until I asked her, she said she was afraid it would bite her. I asked her, "what do you think will happen if it bites you?" (I mean, they're sooo tiny) her reply: "I'll die!" I tried not to laugh at her reaction, and explained it was a nice, safe, snake.
Not really stupid since she was a kid, but funny.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #34
Cornsnake124
2 things:

"no way I am holding that I don't want to get my hands all slimy!!"
"Ew, you feed them Rats!?!?! And you freeze them!?!?! Do they come back to life when you thaw them??"

Those are my stupidest things ever heard

Old 01-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #35
jenneses
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcherry View Post
Doesn't that include chickens, cows, rabbits, sheep, dogs,etc as all animals are wild at one point of there existance and just because you buy cute little flopsy from the petshop doesn't mean it's not predisposed to be wild.
Rabbits sold in pet stores are domestic rabbits. They are as close to wild rabbits as dogs are to wolves. Please don't return your pet store rabbit to the "wild". For many reasons this would be highly inadvisable from an ecological and moral standpoint which I won't go into here because it isn't the purpose of this thread.

Stupidest comment: "Snakes are slimy. Why would you want one?"

Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #36
Jadie.Glitch
My favorite one:

I was posting an ad on the forums at work for "Beautiful, Gentle Corns" and someone with a snake phobia stumbled upon it. Not knowing what I meant by "corns" she clicked it and immediately had a freak out. Apparently even a PICTURE of a snake throws her off the deep end. It took 45 minutes to calm her down and I was given a "talking to" by her cousin (who also works there).

Another is this:

A woman that we babysit for asked if her sons could come see our snakes so I was like "Sure, no prob".

The kids were petting the one I had in my hand when she said "Not too much now, it's slimey!".

I was like .... o_0 "No, it's not...".

She said "Yeah it is" and reached out her hand to touch it herself and then said "Wow... no it's not.. just soft." with wonderment.

I was surprised that she thought it was slimy but I was even more surprised when she volunteered to check for herself instead of just writing me off. That was a step in the right direction, and now she's even planning on getting one of my hatchlings for her son ^_^.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #37
Eriathiel
Lets see... stupid questions about corns...

Of course the "Is it poisonous" question. I think the dumbest one I got was "Why doesn't it have legs"...

Hmmm that would be because... its a snake! Ta Da!

Stupidest question in general (and I posted this the moment it happened in the DYK thread) was at work. I work in a library for those of you who don't know, and a girl who had to be 18 at the youngest came in and said ...

Her: "Is this the public library?"
Me: "Yes"
Her: "Do you guys have, like, books?"

Gee what do you think are on all those shelves around you????

Old 01-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #38
Jadie.Glitch
ROFL!

Oh and I remembered another:

My fiance's grandma is Mexican and doesn't speak much english. She also learned most of what she knows by reading the Bible (taught herself to read and write that way and everything).

The first thing she said when she saw me with a snake was "Matalo!" (kill it!). She says they are "of the devil".

After she realized that I was still going to keep them around, she asked "Do they eat dirt?", and then a few days later she said "Aren't you afraid of dying from the poison?". I said "It doesn't have poison." and her reply was "ALL snakes have poison."

She's very "matter-of-fact" about it and won't see it any other way.. but I suppose I can't fault her since she's like 80 and set in her ways. Plus she's super smart... she knows tons about health and she is still as active and mobile as I am at her age. No sitting down and rocking in a chair for her! So yeah, she's wrong on a couple of things but I suppose I can't complain...

I keep trying to explain to her that snakes like mine are good snakes, and that you would be lucky to have them taking care of the rodent population on your farm for you. I even let her watch one eat a gerbil, but I still don't think she believes me...

Old 01-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #39
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriathiel View Post
Gee what do you think are on all those shelves around you????
I thought we already established the fact that those are, in fact, waffles.

Dale

Old 01-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #40
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post
I thought we already established the fact that those are, in fact, waffles.

Dale
I remember standing outside and someone asked what kind of snake I was holding. I told him it was a hamster.. he shook his head ok in agreement and left.

I dont know why this has anything to do with Waffles but I like Waffles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google