CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:49 PM   #51
whippet
I see it happened to someone else...but I swear my favorite that I have gotten was the
"do the frozen mice just come back to life?" Ummmm if so....I am going to be very VERY rich.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #52
JustineNYC
My best friend came over one day and we were looking at my collection and she asked "When they poo, what does it smell like"

It smells like poo! Cause its poo!

And Ive also found many people believe snakes are slimey.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #53
jenneses
Today I heard a great one. During class my teacher had us pair up with someone to "learn" about them. My partner a boy we'll call "R" asked what types of pets I have, so I told him. He wasn't freaked, but he asked where I kept the snakes. I told him once they are housed in my bedroom.

His response, "Then where do you have sex?" I just kind of stared at him, then said, "Why are you asking?" R said, "Well, you can't have sex in the same room as snakes 'cause they'll attack you. The smell of sex makes them mean." I just kind of goggled at him and said, "Um, that's SO not true."

Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 AM   #54
v_various
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneses View Post
"Then where do you have sex?" I just kind of stared at him, then said, "Why are you asking?" R said, "Well, you can't have sex in the same room as snakes 'cause they'll attack you. The smell of sex makes them mean." I just kind of goggled at him and said, "Um, that's SO not true."
OK, well the weirdness of asking where you have sex aside (was he expecting an answer? "Why, in the middle of the road, just like that beatles song"), HOW exactly did he come by that information? I mean, how would anyone even go about proving a theory like that? Actually, never mind, a better question would be who would WANT to prove a theory like that. Geez.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:55 AM   #55
Camby
When we went for the ultrasound to determine the sex for our first born, the doctor's assistant said "I think it is a girl, it is at a funny angle and I can't be positive." I asked "well, you are the trained eye, so what percentage odds do you give us?" Too which she replied "50/50". I said "hell, I knew that when I walked in the office.

dc

Old 01-28-2009, 01:00 AM   #56
Drizzt80
What is the dumbest thing I've ever heard . . . ?? Hmmm, I'm a teacher, so there's the potential for one a day!

"There's no such thing as a stupid question." Yes there is, I've heard them.

"110%" I refuse to use this meaningless expression.

That's just off the top.
D80

Old 01-28-2009, 06:18 AM   #57
Pal-O-Mine
Not snake related, just teacher related. ( BTW I'm married to an elementary school teacher and some of the dumbest stories I've heard come from the other teachers! Bureaucracy related off course! )

I remember being in school and the teacher going to explain something by drawing a diagram on the board and they always start with the same apology. "Now forgive my artwork. I can't even draw a straight line." Hhhhhmmmmm. Well I AM an artist, have been so since I was a child and I can't draw a straight line! Drawing a straight line or a perfect circle freehand is one of the most difficult things to do. I know few artists that can. Get a ruler!

Devon

Old 01-28-2009, 08:26 AM   #58
ziggybond_007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sober_serpents View Post
OH!! in the newest reptiles magazine it says corns rarely get more than 3 feet long... WOW i must have some rare corns.... some are actually around 5 feet...
I totally saw that! I was like... Really? My 2.5 year old is three feet... And they can live for what, 25 plus years? I also found a few typos in the article, like "then" instead of "than," or vice versa, I don't really remember now. And some other stuff, so I just put it down. People... I tell you what.

My stupid stuff came from Ziggy. I've had people ask me if I'm afraid he's going to try to eat me or the dogs, and when I respond with "Only during breeding season," they get kind of confused... Or asking me what he eats, and they don't believe me when I explain he won't eat insects or meat because he's a herbivore. "But all lizards eat bugs..." Well, lemme go get a komodo and feed him some nice juicy crickets!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #59
maxcherry
Talking to my Sis today told her that my girl has shed her skin for the first time since i got her, she told me that if i save a couple she would buy it off me so she could sell them as she new some one who knows how to work with leather. (I hope i'm adopted)

Old 01-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #60
jenneses
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_various View Post
OK, well the weirdness of asking where you have sex aside (was he expecting an answer? "Why, in the middle of the road, just like that beatles song"), HOW exactly did he come by that information? I mean, how would anyone even go about proving a theory like that? Actually, never mind, a better question would be who would WANT to prove a theory like that. Geez.
Well, you could probably have some fun proving that theory... Just think about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google