CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Snake poop..

Old 05-19-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
hemolymph
Snake poop..

I'm so confused now ! I've been waiting for my snake to poop since I last fed her.. and now i'm wondering if she already has.

There are splotches of white/yellow/dark spots around on the newspaper since i last fed her........ is that her crap ?

Because when I first got her, and fed her.. a few days later there was this slug looking thing on the newspaper.. i assumed it was poop........

Was that poop, or regurgitation ?

I feel weird asking what snake poop looks like !

thanks =)

hemolymph

Old 05-19-2004, 07:30 PM   #2
MegF.
It was probably her poop. It has dark, white and some yellows from the urates. Most likely the other was also poop. If you don't clean it out right away, it dries pretty quick and will break up into little pieces pretty easy. If your snake crawled thru it, you might find it in little pieces. The Cornsnake manual describes it. I asked the same question when I first got my snake too.

Old 05-19-2004, 07:51 PM   #3
hemolymph
The dark yellow/white blobs around the cage looked nothing like the "slug" thing. It seriously was an inch or two long and could of literally been a baby slug bug but thinner... grey to dark brown in colour.

It's just confusing because I haven't seen the slug thing since.. ! I just hope it wasn't a bad thing..

Thanks..

Old 05-19-2004, 09:38 PM   #4
MegF.
I'm sure it was fine. It sounds like poop to me.

Old 05-19-2004, 10:21 PM   #5
CornCrazy
hemolymph...what did the "slug" thing smell like? A regurge smells REALLY bad!

By the way, your screen name makes me smile. I always wonder how many people know what it means...and how many people look at it and say, "What the heck is hemolymph?"

Do you like bugs or something? I know I get tired of cleaning hemolymph off my windshield (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Old 05-20-2004, 04:14 PM   #6
hemolymph
Quote:
Originally posted by CornCrazy
hemolymph...what did the "slug" thing smell like? A regurge smells REALLY bad!

By the way, your screen name makes me smile. I always wonder how many people know what it means...and how many people look at it and say, "What the heck is hemolymph?"

Do you like bugs or something? I know I get tired of cleaning hemolymph off my windshield (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
I actually didn't smell it ! Well.. I'll just say it was poop =)

I am really into tarantulas.. and.. their blood is hemolymph same with the rest of em'.. so i just thought it was a cool sounding name =) It's my live journal user name and my user name on Tarantula message boards !

xoxo
jeni

Old 05-20-2004, 06:22 PM   #7
CornCrazy
Cool...

I knew what hemolymph is, but I figured most people didn't. I actually didn't know it until I went to school to become a Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician. It was one of the things I learned.

Old 05-20-2004, 07:50 PM   #8
hemolymph
Quote:
Originally posted by CornCrazy
Cool...

I knew what hemolymph is, but I figured most people didn't. I actually didn't know it until I went to school to become a Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician. It was one of the things I learned.
ohh how fun. are you a vet technician now as your job ?

Old 05-20-2004, 08:08 PM   #9
CornCrazy
Yes. I am not licensed as of yet. I don't take my National borad exam until June 18th. I have been working at a clinic for 5 years, though.

It is a lot of fun. I really enjoy it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google