CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

injured corn

Old 08-16-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
MJweber
Question injured corn

Hello Everyone,
I have 14 year old corn snake who appears to have an injury to her side. When I first noticed it, it just looked like a damaged scale, probably inflicted by a mouse bite. I have stopped feeding her live mice now, and feed her frozen pinkies, which she scarfs down. She does not appear to be in any pain as she is very active in her cage, and eats like a pig. After several sheds this injury appears to be getting worse. I'd like to get some advice from the experts here what they think I should do. I have no problem taking her to the vet, except that currently she is not acting any different, and eating healthy. I wouldn't want to a vet to treat her only to find that she stops eating. In addition, having just moved to outside the philly area I don't even know a reputable reptile vet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
PtDnsr
Truly if you're worried I would try to find a reputable herp vet in your area. The worst that will happen is they tell you to keep watching it or give you something to put on it to keep it from becoming infected, but at least you would feel better having a qualified medical opinion (IMO). Now...are you feeding an adult corn pinky mice? If so she needs to be on bigger food most likely. If you were feeding her adult mice live she can take adult mice that are f/t. In one meal she shouldn't be eating more than two of something IMO and that's pushing it. One adult every 7-10 days is sufficent for an adult corn.

~Katie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google